Continental Cam Belts - Collos25
Before you fit a new cam belt checkout Continental tyres they have just introduced a new range of belts for most the common models which will last just about the live of the car,some types however still do have a limited live cycle but much longer than the original.The products were featured in AutoBild and received a good press,the tensioners and ancillary parts I presume will still have to changed at the appropiate intervals.
Regards Andy
Continental Cam Belts - No Do$h
Hmmm, wonder who would accept the liability for a rebuild if one of these went and the belt had been changed at Continental's recommended interval, not the car manufacturer's
Continental Cam Belts - BMDUBYA
Well spotted Andy, however "tensioners and ancillary parts I presume will still have to changed at the appropiate intervals." however, am I correct in thinking that this may negate any plus points as you may as well have the belt changed at the same time?
Continental Cam Belts - BazzaBear {P}
I would agree. In most cases the cost is in the labour - not having to replace the belt (even if you were brave or foolhardy enough to put it back after it'd been removed) would save you a negligible amount.
Continental Cam Belts - Hugo {P}
Been there, done that, go the T shirt....

Dad's pug 309 SRi 1986 vintage came without the recommendation from Peugeot to change the belt - at all.

At 11 year old with a mere 43k on the clock - it went.

In 1987 Peugeot apparently claimed to have changed the cambelt type in these cars and then recommended regular changes, 4 years or 40k IIRC.

No - I didn't buy it either.