BMW Pollen filter. - R.Turpin
Could anyone tell me where the pollen filter is on a 1998 328 Touring with air con.
Thanks in advance.
Richard
BMW Pollen filter. - Dynamic Dave
Is it in this list?

www.puravent.co.uk/filters/dispmodel.pl?make=BMW
BMW Pollen filter. - Aprilia
IIRC this is an easy one. Open the bonnet and it should be accessible from the top of the firewall, roughly in the middle in front of the wiper spindle.
BMW Pollen filter. - enchanted_beans
The pollen filter on all E36 BMW's is located in the side of the heater box, behind the centre of the dash. You access it by removing the lower dash panel on the drivers side (a few screws and it slots in around the pedals - you'll see behind the heater box in the centre of the car there's a heater duct for the drivers footwell. You have to unclip this duct by pulling off a couple of plastic clips with pliers. When you've moved this duct, you'll see a sort of round handle (like an extension piece) connected to a plastic cover. You twist this anti-clockwise (as I remember) about 1/2 turn and this little access door comes off. Behind this is the pollen filter which slides out. It's hared to describe, but the filter won't fit in straight and has to be bent forwards and out in a z shape. The filter itself has breakable plastic tabs that you snap to allow the new filter to bend to fit. If you buy a filter from Mann, they have good instruction leaflet.
I've changed loads now and the improvement in airflow always amazes me!

Hope this helps.
BMW Pollen filter. - R.Turpin

Many thanks Enchanted Beans. I have finally got around to doing the job. Took me just under an hour without breaking any panels. Not difficult, but you do need to have your head upside down in the driver's footwell holding a torch with your teeth!!

The airflow is now DOUBLE what it was. I have not replaced the filter as I don't have hay fever.

Aprilia's suggestion is where the filter ought to be. Would be much easier to get at.
Thanks again.
Richard
BMW Pollen filter. - storme
aprilias answers is for an E46 they are all just under the windscreen wipers in the engine bay
--
www.storme.co.uk