depressing thoughts - VTiredeyes
well, got the wifes clio sport in the paper. and given her my bmw cab 320. :-(
got to pick up my new car.... yeehaa!
cant wait, hold on i say to my new boss, what is it?

its a 1.6 tdci 109ps focus estate.Lx.

jeez!
never mind, at least it will stop me changing cars every month!
had 14 in 18months. and this will be the 15th.

at least its got aircon, thank goodness!
well, can anyone cheer me up and tell me what a good drive it is?
and can it really do 70mpg? i will be getting 15ppm.
and i have only got to pay for the fuel.
depressing thoughts - Adam {P}
vTiredeyes,

it's nowhere near as good as some of your previous cars but you can put your faith in how it handles certainly.

Not the quickest but economical (no idea if it will get 70mpg though). Probably one of if not the best "normal" handling cars you can have. And I can say that because it's true!

P.S. STOP BUYING NEW CARS!!
--
Adam
depressing thoughts - Altea Ego
Its a slug................
depressing thoughts - Adam {P}
Oh come on...

"it's nowhere near as good as some of your previous cars"

What more do you want from me? Blood?
--
Adam
depressing thoughts - Big Bad Dave
VTiredeyes what does your insurance company say about your swapping and changing? Do you have your own direct line to them?
depressing thoughts - Nickdm
And worse - it's a noisy slug!

I rented one of these last month for a longish motorway run across Austria. Even with a tall-ish 5th gear (no 6th) it really droned at anything above 3000rpm.

Didn't think the quality of the plastic on the dash was up to much, although there were no rattles. And I couldn't find out how to lock all the doors when driving through town centres!

Rented a 1.6 petrol Astra last week - base model for base model it was a much nicer car than the Ford.
depressing thoughts - VTiredeyes
the insurance company were very good, esure and direct line for the wife.
they did want to know if i was a trader, but assured them i wasn't, and offered to show them all the bills for buying and selling, as i hadnt made a profit.
and just dont ask me to tell you the loss :-(

but they were cool about it. and never charged me any admin fee's.

thanks, looking forward to my new slug!

and at least i havent got to worry about it, i suppose!
I sold my megane estate 2 months ago ish, to get the bimmer cab, and guess what i have as a hire car from my new company?

is the focus estate better than a megane estate?
megane has a 1.9dci and 120bhp
focus has a 1.6 and 110bhp (read 109)
i guess the handling will be better as advised by adski
but power wise, will it have lots of go?
depressing thoughts - RichardP
Should 'go' fine - I have a 100 bhp 2.0 dti Astra and that goes pretty well and plenty of grunt for overtaking and hills. My other car is a 2.8 V6 and compared to this the Astra's pretty good, (Astra is probably faster in some respects!) but then does approx 52 mpg as oppose to approx. 24!! ho hum...
Did you not test drive??
depressing thoughts - IanJohnson
Never mind the drive, you will make a fortune on the milage rate - I only get 12 ppm for a 2.2 diesel Accord and even with today's inflated prices the diesel isn't costing that!
depressing thoughts - Blue {P}
It isn't the quickest car in the world, but it isn't a slouch, the 1.6 TDCi is fairly well suited to the Focus if you don't want out and out power, if you do, then you buy a 2.0 TDCi 6 speed, that's the quickest of the bunch.

Nice enough car, the LX has a slightly spartan spec, but it has ticks in the main boxes of A/C and CD player so it isn't all bad.

Blue
new 05 focus estate - VTiredeyes
getting the foc'sal tomorrow, will let you know how i get on with it.
"praying its a better drive than the megane 1.9 cdti estate"

but hey... i still get to drive the bmw cab at the weekend, so its not all doom & gloom :-)

wife didnt look too impressed she has to have the foc'sal at the weekend tho ... never mind huh !