oil covering the end of the HT lead. - ladas are slow
i have just taken the HT lead off the spark plug, and oil is swimming around the spark plug, what could this be (please dont say its the head gasket)
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - Dave
Black oil or clean? Sure you haven't just spilt some?
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - ladas are slow
its black oil, and its not spilt oil.
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - ladas are slow
plus its not the lada, its my mothers citroen bx. the only problem is that i cant fix it yet, as i am currently battling the flu.
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - David Lamb
Complete guess: camshaft cover gasket gone and it's dripping down? Easier to change :)
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - Julian Lindley
LAC,

If its really bad, please disreguard this note.

Spark plugs have only a light torque applied to them. Sometimes they do not seal if the guessed torque is "too" light. Clean the area with some White sprit or degreaser and after re tightening all plugs keep a wary eye on the problem over the next 20 - 50 miles.

Regards,

Julian
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - Mark (Brazil)
LAC,

You're sure you are looking at the spark plugs ? The dipstick is long and thin and you may have confused them.

The spark plugs are the ones with the white bodies.
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - David W
Mark,

Is there a hint of a wind up in your post? You know ladas is a mechanic and MOT tester, of course he knows a dipstick when he sees one.

In fact going by his post last year of "this is really me - honest" he should be answering many of the technical threads here, not posing them.

Come on ladas, it's a new year...time for a clean break. Level with us all about your "employment/study" and everyone will respect you for whatever it is.

David
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - crazed idiot
hey i actually laughed

ah well even hm inspector of constabulary is "police bashing", just so u know its not just me

anyway its nice and cold and foggy here (but i might just pop out for an all day breakfast)
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - David Lacey
It's the Dipstick! as DJW says.......

:-)
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - El Dingo (Martin)
LAC,

It's yer head gasket....sorry.

(Is this serious?)

Martin.
Re: oil covering the end of the HT lead. - Richard Hall
Is it a BX14? The cam cover gasket on the 1.4 motor cracks with age. I've seen the same on AXs which have the same engine design. The problem is made worse if the crankcase breather pipe is blocked.