winter storage - graham walker
In case I missed previous correspondence, can anyone tell me what alternative plastic "tents" are available for storing a car in during winter?
How good are they?
How do they dehumidify the air?
What cost and where from?
Re: winter storage - David W
Graham,

Perhaps not what you want but I noticed an ex-military supplier the other day with an interesting item.

It was a temp garage type tent. Very heavily made in green canvas and large enough for a Land Rover to be driven inside.

Real neat way to store that extra vehicle protected from the winter weather.

About £500 I think, good value as I usually estimate the cheapest you will ever build a rigid structure to hold a car is £1000.

David
Re: winter storage - Graham
Consider renting a corner of a Farmers barn... Where the Girlfriend keeps her horse a bloke strored a classic VW beetle under a soft dust sheet in the corner of a barn for ages, as it was dry and draughty it an ideal storage solution. There should be plenty of farmers with secure, rodent free, structurally sound space happy to rent space for a small price.

But then if you have the space at home....
Re: winter storage - Dave N
Try www.carcoon.co.uk. You also get a battery charger that can remain connected to the car.

They don't so much as dehumidify, as keep he same air inside the tent thereby limiting large temperature movement, hence the formation of condensation.
Re: winter storage - Honest John
Also www.airflow.uk.com

HJ