Scenic 1 ! Plip Key Immobiliser - BobbyG
Friend has 2 keys for his car but only one of the plips operates the central locking / immobiliser.

Having followed advice on a previous post, I have checked using my camera phone that the plip is actually transmitting which it is.

I assume this means that it has lost its "code" or whatever. Does anyone know if this can be done without going to a dealer? I remember reading a post somewhere about pressing the internal locking button in a certain sequence either gave you the key number or let you program but I can't find any link?

Scenic is the original one, R Reg, the one that you had to turn the ignition on within a short space of time or you needed to plip it again.

Any thoughts? Would hate to pay a dealer to do a job that could be done myself !
Scenic 1 ! Plip Key Immobiliser - big davey
sorry, you must bite the bullet, dealer only, I have the same problem with my scenic, one key works the other u/s.
Scenic 1 ! Plip Key Immobiliser - Ivor E Tower
Someone where I work has had this problem and solved it himself. IIRC, place the working key in the ignition, turn to position II (electrics all on). Then aim the other key at the remote sensor in the roof, and press the "plip" button. Good luck !
What kind of car does he have? I have heard that this works on the Vectra I think but havent heard it working on a Scenic?
Scenic 1 ! Plip Key Immobiliser - Ivor E Tower
He has a Scenic, mark 1 pre-facelift. Sorry, should have made that clear when I did the original post.
Scenic 1 ! Plip Key Immobiliser - Truckersunite
I have no idea about the scenic but my laguna had the same problem, it could only be coded by a dealer, they tried to charge me £37 for it, until I pointed out to them that I had watched the guy take the car and recode the key then return the car, the whole process took less then 4 minutes!!!! I ended up paying £12ish after we "Discussed" it for some time.
I had watched the guy take the car and recode the key then return the car, the whole process took less then 4 minutes

Any idea what he did? Will Ivor's idea work or is computer plug in required?
Scenic 1 ! Plip Key Immobiliser - Altea Ego
As far as I know BobbyG there is NO "quick easy home way" of recoding keys on scenic 1. It needs the renault clip. (clip is portable diag tool)
Cheers RF its off to the dealer then!