What else would you want on a Sunday... - Adam {P}
...than to talk about seats. Car seats in particular.

Since I got the car, I must have cleaned them about 5 times. The problem is, they're a light creamy colour so unless you completely "soak" them evenly, the cleaning product dries in patches. Rain water also stains them. As soon as you open a door and a few rain speckles hit the seat - you're left with a permanent speckling effect.

I've tried everything from a special Auto-Glym Upholstery Cleaner to some foamy stuff. The foam is pretty much useless as it doesn't go on evenly. The closest was the Auto-Glym but even that wasn't perfect.

Does anyone have any other suggestions please? I realise this is probably going to open up a discussion on seating and that there are a whole host of other, more interesting topics but having made a cock up of cleaning them today, they look like someone's had a field day with Turps.

Cheers,
--
Adam
What else would you want on a Sunday... - Quinny100
I think its a Ford thing. The seats in the Mk3 Mondeo are a real pain to clean - mine are dark and show watermarks really badly. Any sort of cleaning products only make matters worse.

The only time I've managed to get the really clean without leaving marks is by steam cleaning them.
Hmmm - I think the only time I'd get them steam cleaned is when I was selling it. I'm not exaggerating when I say you look at the seats and they stain right before your eyes so spending all that on a full valet would probably be a waste.

Saying that, I've just been out to have a look and they've come up pretty good. There are still the odd droplets where it looks like some rather messy passenger has spilt something but they look a lot cleaner than they did before.

Thanks Quinny,
--
Adam
What else would you want on a Sunday... - Happy Blue!
Adam

how about going to HSS and hiring a carpet cleaner with an upholstery attachment.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
How much would that be do you reckon?

I can get a full valet done for about £50 off a mate of a mate. This supposedly includes steam cleaning the seats. If I could hire a proper cleaner for considerably less then I think I'd do that.
--
Adam
What else would you want on a Sunday... - Stuartli
Car seat covers?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
What else would you want on a Sunday... - Happy Blue!
HSS about £27 for one day rental with upholstery attachment.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
What else would you want on a Sunday... - barney100
Cloth seats can be a so and so to get clean especially in my case when the dog has sometimes to come away in the car. Save yourself the problem next time and get leather, quick wet cloth over it and the occasional leather polish.
What else would you want on a Sunday... - HF
Good grief - I have never even thought about cleaning car seats, let alone attempted it. Maybe I need to try harder this time.
What else would you want on a Sunday... - THe Growler
Buy or have made by your local tailor some seat covers. Don't sweat the minor details. Waste of good drinking time.
What else would you want on a Sunday... - Rebecca {P}
Scotchguard?