V5 Reminder - Dwight Van Driver
Please check to see if your V5 is the old type and not the new Registration Document.

DVLA have in the past been sending out the new document to those who had just renewed the Excise licence. Apparently there are a number that have slipped through the net and still have the old document that becomes non effective on 1st July.

If yours is still the old V5 then get it off to DVLA for a replacement with the new document.

dvd
V5 Reminder - oldbanger
When did this become necessary? I've a number of older vehicles which have V5s (& some that don't!). Is there fome frightful fine for not sending off for new documents?
V5 Reminder - Rudedog
I've got two cars, both I have always renewed their tax using the V11 reminders, and both have not had the new V5 forms set out for them!
V5 Reminder - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Must be a widespread problem.
SWMBO car is still on old V5 and uses V11 reminders.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
V5 Reminder - Dalglish
still have the old document that becomes non effective on 1st
July. If yours is still the old V5 then get it off to DVLA
for a replacement with the new document.

>>

details at www.dvla.gov.uk/newrules/hrc_new.htm
"From 1 July 2005 all existing old-style V5 Registration Documents will no longer be valid. .......... "

you can check status of when you were issued new v5c at
www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/
clcik on vehicle enquiry.

you can check the mot status of some cars at
www.motinfo.gov.uk/html/home.html

V5 Reminder - trancer
I imagine this would only become an issue if you are selling your car or if a policeman wants to give you a hard time. Surely, the DVLA are not suggesting that after July 1st I no longer own my car or am driving it illegally if I do not have a new V5?.

To be honest I am not comfortable with mailing off the only proof of ownership I have for my car. Not just a matter of it getting lost in post, but I have heard enough stories about the DVLA losing or mixing up things.
V5 Reminder - The Gingerous One
No I wouldn't do that either unless as a last resort.

The DVLA should be sending them out regardless. My dad has a number of motorbikes and he has recieved the new V5C for each of them.
V5 Reminder - Bromptonaut
The DVLA should be sending them out regardless.

Not sure about that, system with sending it out after a response to the MVL reminder is presumably a rudimentary check on accuracy of the register. If new V5's were sent out to old addresses I'd guess some punters would complain.

You can please all of the public some of the time and some of the public all of the time...........