The New 3 Series - chris_w
I've just passed the first new BMW 3 series I've seen in the flesh on the way tonight.

What an ugly car. What do you all think of it?
The New 3 Series - Adam {P}
I've posted my thoughts on it a few times. A nice car let down by a rather old looking Hyundaish rear.
--
Adam
The New 3 Series - Dude - {P}
As with all the recent Bangle "designs", I think the guy has totally lost the plot.!!!
Quite like the 5 and think the Z4 is nice... but this (and the 1 series) are boring, plain and ugly - they look more like you'd expect a Ford to look. I know when there are other cars (Audi's, Mercs, Jags) for the same money, I know where I'd go.
The New 3 Series - CJay{P}
To some he may have lost the plot... but the sales are at its highest - For the first time in history, last year BMW overtook Mercedes.

Have you seen the new S class picutres? Look at the dash and boot lip - shows a very close resemblance to the current 7 series.
The New 3 Series - Dude - {P}
The sales increase by BMW may not be totally attributal to recent designs as much as Mercedes customers switching camp due to their recent horrendous problems with rust in the W210 models. Thankfully a problem not suffered by BMW despite their appalling styling.
The New 3 Series - Chad.R
IMO the new 3 series looks pretty good but not as good as a new 5 series (E60) with the factory "sport" body kit. Though it is quite subtle, it really makes the car, just like when the body kit was added to the previous E39 5 series.
The New 3 Series - bartycrouch
The sales increase by BMW may not be totally attributal to
recent designs as much as Mercedes customers switching camp due to
their recent horrendous problems with rust in the W210 models. Thankfully
a problem not suffered by BMW despite their appalling styling.

I agree. Mercedes are more Chrysler than Daimler nowadays. It's the competitors that are failing, rather than any BMW magic touch.

It may be so.. However, not many car manufacturers (bar the Korean, Chineese and Indian) can boast double digit growth in yearly sales year after year for nearly 5 years.

Just have a look at the sales for the 7 series which kicked off the Banglism - just after 3 years into its life, it has sold more cars than what the previous 7 series (E38) managed to do so in its entire 7 year lifetime (1994-2001).
The New 3 Series - Bagpuss
I had a chance to look over the new 3 Series Touring. Much better looking than the saloon.
The New 3 Series - Bill Payer
I had a chance to look over the new 3 Series
Touring. Much better looking than the saloon.

Agree with this, and same is true of 5 Series. Both lose that awkward rear end.

On the Merc front, if these pictures are true, the next C Class looks fabulous:
www.discountpartcenter.com/photos/12-27-04-01-2006...g
www.discountpartcenter.com/photos/12-27-04-02-2006...g
The New 3 Series - DavidHM
It's alright like.

I like the way BMWs look but the reason I would buy one (or not) is the way it drives, because at £22k+ it has to be an excellent car. I've never actually driven a Beemer but the driving experience, rather than the looks, is what counts and I am almost pleased by the Banglicism of the styling because it might actually dilute the image at the same time as heightening the driving experience.
The New 3 Series - Adam {P}
I have to be honest, the new Banlgised 5 and 7 look amazing. Far more visonary than any of their competitors.

For one brief moment, BM showed they could break away from the traditional, read boring, shapes and make something that little bit different.

--
Adam
Indeed... Now we see the new S class 'copying' the 7 series dash, the boot area and the 'I' drive thingy
The New 3 Series - bimmer-driver
I'm not too sure about the Z4 and 1 series but I really like the looks of the 3, 5 and 7 series and if I was in the market for that type of car they would be my first choice, way above anything from Audi and Mercedes.
The New 3 Series - cheddar
The 1, 5 and Z4 have rather grown on me and the new 3 looks fine though the wheels do look a bit small in the arches as per the comments on Top Gear, it is the image I have most issue with and the fact that I would much rather have a top of the range Ford than a basic BMW. I guess if I was spending 30k + a 3 or 5 touring would be on my list. Also I have started to like BMW bikes though that is, I guess, an age thing.
Wouldn't ever by a Beemer, as top gear said last week, more people have a 3 series than a Mondeo for a start... but the thing I hate most is the dash - it's just so dull and doesn't seem to look like what a £20k+ dash should do.
The New 3 Series - Arty
Wait for the new IS and C Class, they might be better or else you can a 'preowned' current model BMW3.
The New 3 Series - Pugugly {P}
I'm ready to be corrected but I don't think that Bangle can be credited/blamed for the new 3.

I don't find it as pretty as the old 3 but then again I thought that of the new 5 as well and I went out and spent my own money on one. Wouldn't want aything else in the cass other than a five though....(just done 300 miles today on windy Welsh roads and motorways - superb car.)