Proton - Andy Bairsto
I saw on the home page Protons new offer,I will say buyer beware although the cars may or may be not anygood .But they have closed down their operation in mainland Europe, building I believe only rhd cars a friend of mine is lumbered with a car with no spare parts readily available and absolutely no resale value and no service agent.
Andy Bairsto
Germany
Re: Proton - T lucas
I have run several Protons for my wife doing about 18000 miles a year and think they are pretty good cars with just about total reliability and good road manners,remember they are basically a Mitsubishi built with cheaper labour.I have looked many times to buy Proton in Europe but could never find any and came to the conclusion that they wernt built LHD.Also sold a few 6to24 month old cars and found service parts,panels and anything else readily available new or used.Not an 'image'brand but a lot better than you might think and certainly a lot better than many Euro sheds.
Re: Proton - crazed idiot
been to the factory in KL, and was very impressed

certainly betta than Browns Lane (for instance)

the early home market models seemed to have air con but no heater!
Re: Proton - Andy Bairsto
my point is that they look as if they will pull out of the UK as well
Re: Proton - THe Growler
Should be easy enough to get parts Fedex'ed from Malaysia?
Re: Proton - Tomo
Satria (GTi) has behaved itself impeccably despite intermittent use and short runs, starting immediately after a week standing in the recent sub zero temperatures. There was one recall for the front stabiliser (the dealer called it).
As it handled delightfully before and after I'm not sure why.

Passengers find it very comfortable, especially the better half, who finds getting in and out of some cars difficult.

All in all it's just like Japanese.

Not too sure about front tyre life, but it is not driven like a Vauxhall.

No chance of SWMBO authorizing a Corolla T-Sport!

One interesting feature is the two lower additional lamps. They can not act as fog lamps - some will be glad to see! if switched on they ONLY come on with main beam and supplement that quite effectively, and extinguish on dip.
Re: Proton - T lucas
Have they been available in LHD?They will stay in UK,big profits,not going to do a 'Lancia'.
Re: Proton - Andy Bairsto
For years in LHD
Re: Proton - ladas are slow
when we went on a self catering holiday to france in 1995, we got a LHD proton persona, it was from HERTZ rental, it was the 1.5 engine, and was quite a nice car to drive.