Funny noise Vectra 2002 - welshy
New shape Vectra , done 107,000 miles . When im driving down a hill , holding the car in 2nd or 3rd gear depending on traffic conditions I get a shh shh shh shh shh noise , when i push in the clutch to let the car coast down a hill the noise goes .

I have noticed that the car does judder when pulling away in 1st gear , especially when pulling away up-hill .

Any ideas guys ? PLEASE .
Look like im on my own with this problem .
Funny noise Vectra 2002 - Civic8
Any problems with normal driving?
--
Steve
Drives fine .
Funny noise Vectra 2002 - Dynamic Dave
when i push in the clutch to let the car coast down a hill the noise goes .

Is the noise still there if you only lightly touch the clutch pedal, or does it only go away when fully depressed?
If I push clutch in slightly (about an inch or two) while the noise is happening going downhill it dissapears .
Driving today I also heard that its making a noise under load that is , in all gears . Lift off the throttle and it shuts up .
According to a garage today , its my gearbox bearings that are breaking down ! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH help
Funny noise Vectra 2002 - RichardP
Would this car not still be under the maker's 3-year warranty? It could still be unless it's one of the earliest.
Car has done over 100,000 miles . the warranty is 60,000 or three years which ever comes sooner .
Funny noise Vectra 2002 - Dynamic Dave
According to a garage today , its my gearbox bearings that
are breaking down ! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH help

I'd consider a cheaper alternative first - that being a gearbox oil change to see if makes any difference.
Thanks DAVE , just out of interest would a breaking down clutch,or thrust bearing (whatever they are called) cause noise . As when the car is idling theres no untoward noise .When i push the clutch in and out I do hear a slight clatter when on the release .