VW On Call......SIGH....... - shoei
This morning my wife had a puncture on the Golf (03), rang VW on call at 08.10 firstly they said the cover had ran out in March 04,it had not as I had payed for two years back in march 04. Operator said he will give her a ring back in 2 minutes so he could confirm we had cover, which he did, he then said they had had problems with people re-newing for two years, the computer did`nt register this renewel he said. So now the tow truck was on its way to my wife by herself in a layby in the middle of no-where, said it would be within the hour, TWO hours later the van turned up and dealt with the problem. Seems all is not well at Volkswagen from sales, after sales to recovery. If you have renewed for two years I recommened you check your cover. "IF ONLY EVERYTHING IN LIFE WAS AS RELIABLE AS (A) VOLKSWAGEN....MMMMM"
VW On Call......SIGH....... - Happy Blue!
I ignore all these aftermarket cover things. I only use the AA. Far more technically trained staff, not monkeys in overalls.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
VW On Call......SIGH....... - frazerjp
>>I ignore all these aftermarket cover things. I only use the AA. Far more technically trained staff, not monkeys in overalls

Which is why i use the RAC!!
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
VW On Call......SIGH....... - The Bear
Now theres a thing. My wife was offered the very same VW Assistance 2 year extention for £124 in Mid May. She was told her application would take between 10 and 14 days to process.

She'd heard nothing by the 9th June so phoned and was told applications take 28 days, her membership had been sent but was obviously lost in the post and would be re-sent. She asked for proof of membership in the event of breakdown but the operator was unable to assist.

Clearly a case of the operator being economical with the truth. They have 7 days to sort it or its business lost for VW.
VW On Call......SIGH....... - jlo
'I ignore all these aftermarket cover things. I only use the AA. Far more technically trained staff, not monkeys in overalls.'

Well I would not class VW Assistance in the same quote. It is run my Mondial and more often than not you will get a VW technician out in a fully marked up VW assistance Sharan. Like all these things though they do not have as many agents and there may be times where if no one is free they will contract a breakdown truck rather like green flag.

Cheers

Jlo
VW On Call......SIGH....... - mjm
Speaking as an "oldie" I find it strange that the rescue services get called out to a simple thing like a puncture. It seems such a simple thing to do, change a wheel. Even my mother was capable of doing it.
I thought that I had read somewhere that part of the German driving test was to demonstrate the ability to perform this task.
VW On Call......SIGH....... - wantone
why change it yourself when you have paid for somebody else to do it?odviously you have to have time on your side to call and then wait for the service to arrive.probably takes 15mins if you change it yourself.
VW On Call......SIGH....... - Robin Reliant
Changing a wheel yourself is not always an option for a female. Undoing wheelnuts that have been tightened by a gorrilla on a bad day with the toy brace that most car manufacturers supply can be impossible.

In addition to getting filthy having to remove the jack which is often buried beneath the spare. On motorways it is a definate no-no.
VW On Call......SIGH....... - bimmer-driver
And then theres the weight of the wheel itself. I nearly gave myself a hernia trying to change my mums alloy wheel on her BMW. And I'm 6ft so it must be impossible for someone smaller
VW On Call......SIGH....... - SlidingPillar
The wheels on my landrover weigh over 7 stone. No way would I change an off-side tyre on a motorway without assisance.

There is a method for dealing with the big ones, but you do need space as you need to sit on the ground, use your feet as jacks and your hands with the nuts or bolts.
VW On Call......SIGH....... - JH
They were really good when my wife needed them. Turned up promptly and were very helpful. Got her on her way and gave her confidence the car was ok - she'd been cut up on a r'bout exit, almost lost control of the car and hit a kerb, blowing the tyre and damaging the rim.

They were rubbish at taking her money to renew the subscription. She had to prompt them and it still took forever.

John
VW On Call......SIGH....... - philipb
My Touran conked out, just as I was turning into my drive after some idiot mechanic damaged the oil gasket during its first service and it dumped all of its oil. I called VW Assistance and they arranged for the car to be taken to the garage the next morning for repair.

What was really though was the way that they provided me with a very nice new VW Passat diesel to drive whilst my Touran was being repaired. Even better, they delivered the loan car to my house so I could get off to work the next morning as if nothing had happened.

Last time I had an emergency loan car from the AA, it took ages to arrange and was the smallest car on the road. This was a long time ago and things might have improved recently.
VW On Call......SIGH....... - shoei
You may be able to remove the wheel nuts after the tyre is punctured, but sometimes the alloy wheel sticks to the hub and is very difficult to remove, so my wife would still not be able to change the wheel and as far as I am concerned, stay in the car with the doors locked, because there are to many nutters around these days.