Changing speakers on my car - dwhl
Hi everyone,

Am looking to change the door speakers on my Nissan Almera. My budget is low, max 30-40 pounds. What should I look for in the speakers? Any particular brands or wattage to look for? Will be just plugging the new ones straight into the existing cables. Should I buy component speakers or just normal ones?

Thanks for the help

David

Changing speakers on my car - Civic8
Depends on quality of radio installed.If you spend a lot on speakers you may be dissapointed with speakers you buy..ie a speaker is only as good as amplifier.You may find changing will benefit slightly.But unless you intend buying a better head unit.It wont be worth spending a lot.£20 or less will buy a reasonable set of speakers which may well sound better than the ones you have
--
Steve
Changing speakers on my car - Altea Ego
Go here

download the car audio guides, in there you will find speakers that just slot right in where the others are. A pair of two way 40 watt jobs will easily be got for 40 or less

www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/support_brochures.jsp?categor...0
Changing speakers on my car - No Do$h
Pioneer 2-way speakers are about as good as it gets at this budget. If it were components I'd recommend Focal, but then you're into £100+ and need a decent source to make the most of them.

You'll get a noticable improvement by installing Pioneer.

It's well worth adding some kind of accoustic damping material to the inside of the door panel when you have the panel off. For £10 you will all but eliminate the vibration and panel buzz you get with even the best installations

tinyurl.com/cgz2k
Changing speakers on my car - Stuartli
Don't forget too that the acoustic environment of a car is one of the worst possible....:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Changing speakers on my car - dwhl
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help so far.

Am a complete novice, tried to have a closer look at the speakers to check the size but on the Almera the door speaker grill is fixed to the door although initially it appeared that I could take this off. Does this mean that I have to take the whole "plastic bit of the door off?" or is there anyway of taking the door shelf bit at the bottom off (this houses the speaker).

How do you put dampening stuff in the door to stop the vibration? Is it like foam?

My current headunit is a kenwood kdc w7031. Would the pioneer speakers be ok?

Once again thanks for all the help

Cheers

David
Changing speakers on my car - No Do$h
Dynamat is a heavy dense sheet that you stick to the inside of the door panel. It's less than 10mm thick IIRC. You can either go for the speaker kit, which is enough to damp the vibration in the panel the speaker is mounted in, or a full kit that allows you to damp the whole door. The speaker kit will make a noticable difference for £10.
Changing speakers on my car - Altea Ego
Think this means that - Yes the inside of the door has to come off. There will be a few hidden screws, and lots of plastic "pop stud" type fasteners.