peugeot 306 central locking, please help - thomp1983
hi this is a long story but please bear with me as unless it is solved i am about ready to burn the car!

right my central locking on my '96 peugeot 306 1.9td 3 door is playing up, basically if you press down the passenger button the boot and drivers door go crazy repeatedly locking and unlocking, they then stop but start again after a short interval. if the passenger button is left up then nothing happens. if the drivers button is pressed down then only that door locks. i have checked and repaired the wiring in the drivers door and still no success. i have located the central locking control unit but it is different to all the others ive read about in other threads/forums it is grey and only has one connector on it, which is orange but most others are said to have 2 connectors, 1 white 1 black. i have tried shorting out all the wires suggested to disable the auto unlock feature to no avail and am now totally frustrated with the car. if you use the remote to lock the car it just locks and unlocks the boot/drivers door the passenger door seems to be dead, ive checked the wiring it's fine and something must be happening as when you push it's button down it triggers the other door/boot

does anybody have any suggestions that may help?

cheers
chris
peugeot 306 central locking, please help - SjB {P}
You say you have repaired wires in the door, but have you checked for broken wires where they pass from door frame to door via plastic conduit?

Fatigued wires from opening and closing the doors are a common 306 fault that often causes "crazy" results like yours.

Check out www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm

Choose the "Electrical" link across the top of the page, then 306 door wiring on the left hand navigator.
it was on the a piller not door side of the harness that it had broken but now repaired but the problem still exists, both doors have been checked on both sides of the grommet/harness

chris
ok bit of a development, now got it so that if you push the passenger door pin down it locks then unlocks all doors/boot, if you push down the drivers door then only that door locks, all wiring has been checked and only fault is a slightly frayed white wire on the passenger side door harness. io think that the motor has gone in the drivers door wot is everyone's opinion? i think im just going to rewire both doors and realign them aswell. has anybody ever wired in an aftermarket door motor instead?

cheers
chris