Online Ford Spares - trancer
Wife recently acquired a Fiesta TDCI and I was wondering if there are any good online retailers (similar to Euro or GSF)selling basic service items such as filters, brake pads etc. I tried a Google, but it kept coming up with US based sites even though I specified a UK search.

Also any owners of this model know what the tyre pressures should be and if there is any other oil specification than 5w-30? (found that bit out with Forum search).

The car came with no handbook or servicebook, despite the salesman (of a large car supermarket) saying they would be "coming through". When she collected the car he told her to write to the former owner to get them off him and she didn't press the issue. Now that they have the money we are pretty much on our own.
Online Ford Spares - bikemade3
Try
www.fordpartsuk.com very competative for parts.
Online Ford Spares - frazerjp
If u want second-hand parts try: asm-autos.co.uk
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Thanks for the replies. I was after new OEM or pattern service items. The Fordpartsuk site seems to mainly offer accessories and dress up bits like alloy handbrake handles and carbon fibre door pins. There is an online order form page, but you would need to know the part numbers, which I don't.

Are there any other online part sites that have searchable lists with prices?.
Online Ford Spares - smoke
fordpartsuk.com is not accessories only. you have to email what you require on the online form e.g. from a pollen filter to a door etc etc and your car reg or VIN number and you get an email back within 24 hrs usually. It is actually the parts department for Edwards Ford that you are dealing with and they are very good, i have used them many time for both service parts and also for some upgrades.
I was just hoping to find a few sites so I could do a bit of comparison shopping, looks like I have been spoiled by ECP and GSF. Not that writing e-mails is a huge hassle, but was wondering if there was anything out there that had part and price listings, if there isn't, then I will have to give them a try.
Online Ford Spares - mfarrow
Try www.fordpartsplus.co.uk

More a trade supplier I think, but their "Hot 1000" under "Parts and Pricing Information" gives prices for popular parts. No FINIS codes though, and the descriptions can be a little vague.

--------------
Mike Farrow
Online Ford Spares - Chas{P}
Try www.fordpartsplus.co.uk
More a trade supplier I think, but their "Hot 1000" under
"Parts and Pricing Information" gives prices for popular parts. No
FINIS codes though, and the descriptions can be a little vague.
--------------
Mike Farrow

Mike

I used to supply the 'Hot1000' data on that website. It is totally out of date as no one has replaced me at the company I left last June. The website hasn't been touched since. All down to Ford refusing to fund an update. If you look at the news section it is still going on about stuff in April 2004.

Charles

Online Ford Spares - a303
If it helps, you should be able to buy another handbook from your local Ford dealer. A full set of books for my Focus cost about £7. This will answer your questions about tyre pressures and oil specification. You may also find that (like on the Focus) the tyre pressures are printed on the inside of the fuel filler flap.
Thanks for that, a303. I checked the door jambs and inside the glove box, but never thought to check fuel filler cover.

Ebay was the first place I checked for a replacement handbook and found lots but none specific to the car. Looks like the Ford dealer will be my next stop, and if its only £7 then they will be cheaper than Ebay.