Chrysler Voyager - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
When SWMBO and I were looking for a 'bus' for the kids and MIL we discounted the Voyager purely because at the time no diesel version was available although I loved it. Now there is a turbodiesel available I am interested but I have been informed that it aint a Chrysler diesel under the hood but something from southern europe?!?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, since the really cold snap hit, my Espace Turbodiesel 2.2 R reg has intermittently flashed up the ABS light, the Airbag light and tonight the service light for a few seconds, any clues?
Ay thank yow
Re: Chrysler Voyager - Andrew T
My 306 Cab. lit its ABS light lately (from start-up) on two occasions, both of them when starting the car from cold (~0 degC). Stayed on until stopping engine 40 mins. later. When warm engine restarted ABS light stayed off. Must be something to do with the temp.
Re: Chrysler Voyager - Mark (Brazil)
I don`t know where its from. But assuming its the same one as here, maybe the following is of interest or help...

2.5-litre OHV direct injection turbo diesel I-4
Type & Description four cylinders, in line, liquid-cooled, open-chamber,
turbocharged, intercooled
Displacement 2 500 cm3
Bore x Stroke 92.0 mm x 94.0 mm
Valve System Belt-driven DOHC, 16 valves, with finger followers, hydraulic lash adjusters
Fuel Injection Common rail, direct, electronic
Construction Cast iron block, cast aluminium head
Compression Ratio 17.5:1
Power (ISO net) 104 kW @ 4 000 r/min
Torque (ISO net) 320 Nm @ 2 000 r/min

If you don`t find out where its from in a week or so, let me know since I am down at the GM plant in Curitiba at the end of next week, and they'll know.
Re: Chrysler Voyager - Penport
Probably to do with your battery - if current drops slightly too low (i.e on cranking on a cold morning) it can "spark" warnings
See previous posts on my Audi airbag warning light
Re: Chrysler Voyager - Andy Bairsto
Is it not the BMW engine as fitted in the Jeep
Re: Chrysler Voyager - Matt
i believe that this is the VM itslisn engine as used by most manufacturers over the years. Agricultural but fairky reliable. If its the latest engine (2.7) as fitted to the new grand cherokee, thats the merc cdi unit. A real cracker!!!!!
Matt
Re: Chrysler Voyager - Matt
That should be VM Italian engine. Cold weather seized up the fingers!!!!!!
Re: Chrysler Voyager - Dave N
It's a VM engine, complete with seperate head gaskets. I'm sure you've come across these before. Big problems with the a/c evaporaters on these as well. And you know my thoughts about Espace wiring!