Diesel pumps - Vectra - prm
Hi, ive recently bought a 2.0dti vectra and im a bit concerned about ultra low sulphur derv harmingby way of not lubricating the pump, ive been using shell derv, is this ok and will their new extra be any better when we get it darn sarf ( only oop norf at the moment apparently ) Thanks
Diesel pumps - Rishab C
Add a litre of rapeseed vegetable oil to every tank, that should do it.
Diesel pumps - Xileno {P}
Add a litre of rapeseed vegetable oil to every tank, that
should do it.

Surely this is illegal as there's no tax on it?

I wouldn't be too concerned about pump lubrication as long as you use good branded diesel. If you're still uneasy about it you could always use one of those additives such as Millers. Halfords sell several different makes.
Diesel pumps - Quinny
I have a 97 2.0 diesel Veccy,and the only problem I have had in 3.5 years of owning it,is the seals went on the pump about 20 months ago,and other than that,I've not had any problem with the type of derv I use,and I tend to buy whatever is available,where I am,and when I need to fill up.

By the way,it now has just short of 119k on it,regularly srviced,and it's off to France in August.
Diesel pumps - prm
Thanks Quinny, puts my mind at rest
Diesel pumps - Quinny
I forgot to say,that we have within 5 minutes of my house,the following petrol stations:1 Shell,4 BP,1 Total,1 Esso.

I do tend to use Shell more than the others when filling up,as I also use Optimax in my Citroen AX autograss car,but when I'm in need of diesel,and not near my hometown,I will use whatever is available at the time,and to date have not had any problems.

If you feel unsure,then go for an additive as Xilano suggested.Probably the best known one is Millers diesel plus.It's available at majority of car accessory shops.

I've used it in the past in HGV's,when we used to buy it in 25l drums,but now and again,some of it used to find it's way into my car at the time.My only gripe is,it stinks to high heaven,and does so for ages after use.

Diesel pumps - prm
Quinny, just used some millers and it does seem quieter, ill carry on using this, thanks
Diesel pumps - cheddar
IMHO BP Ultimate has a similar smell to Millers, reckon it might contain similar additives. However my Mondeo TDCi runs best, I think, on Shell.