The old Fiat Croma - mare
My neighbour has a G reg Fiat Croma 2.0 CHT which is due for MOT in two weeks. In his words, he is not even going to bother presenting it for the test because the engine is playing up.

The bodywork is pretty good, the interior is not too hot, and the engine is not running right.

He was going to scrap it, but before he does, is it likely to be of any value to owners of Lancia Themas or Alfa 164's for any shared bits? Or come to think, does the Croma itself have a following?

Thanks

The old Fiat Croma - adverse camber
does that also share some bits with the mk1 saab 9000 ? I seem to remember that the saab and the lancia were a joint development (body looks v.similar) I didnt know that the fiat and the alfa were also the same.
The old Fiat Croma - teabelly
If his engine is playing up it will probably be either the choke mechanism being strange or the carb wants cleaning. Get some carb cleaner, take off the air filter and give it good blast while the engine is running. Squirt some over the carb too. If the engine note changes while you are squirting on the carb then you've probably got a carb gasket with a leak. I have the workshop manual for the car somewhere. I had a gasket leak on my cht and it made the car stall a lot. The choke used to be a bit hit and miss too and it would drop off all of a sudden instead of gradually dropping off. I had a manual choke fitted and had the carb overhauled and it was perfect.

I had an H reg and it was a cracking car. The engine in it is the classic twin cam fiat engine and kit car people might be very interested in it.

The interior is terrible. The door cards warp and pull away and the plastics are a bit low rent. The electrics are also of great entertainment value :-)
teabelly