How is the Skoda Superb selling? - tyro
Mention of the Skoda Superb on another thread got me wondering. I never seem to see the things. Is it that they are not selling in big numbers, or that they don't happen to be selling well in my area, or that I am just unobservant, and that every time I see one, I mistake it for an Octavia?

So - does anyone know how the Skoda Superb is selling?

How is the Skoda Superb selling? - DougB
Hi - I have rarely seen one on the road but they are fairly anonymous. Our local Skoda dealer usually has demonstrators for sale - but no second hand ones. Screen prices are expensive but I have not yet tried to cut a deal.

Never seen one advertised by a third party or at a car supermarket.
Most seem to be manual which would not interest me in a car this size.

I live in hope! Regards DougB.
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - Aprilia
I went to a car supermarket in January to give one a 'once over' for a potential buyer. It was a 2002/03 IIRC, with about 15k mi. on it. I can't remember the price, but I do remember thinking that it was cheap and represented very good value. There was nothing wrong with it. I suspect it looks so much like the Octavia that people don't notice them. It was a manual trans.
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - mark
Local Skoda dealer (Waarington) had 5 on the forecourt this week, 4 were diesels, one was Auto rest were manual.

Looking at them I would say 2 were ex demos and the others were were trade ins. All between 02 and 04 reg inc a 2.5TD auto with full leather for c£15k. The others were between c£10-£12k.

as always

Mark

How is the Skoda Superb selling? - SpamCan61 {P}
I was only thinking teh othe rday that you hardly see any; I think I've seen about half a dozen since they were introduced. I'd be quite keen on one once they get to 'bangernomics' prices ;-)
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - daveyjp
Probably a case of there being too many VW Passats around at competetive prices. Prague is full of Superbs - mainly taxis of course.
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - Motormark
Aprilia
excuse my ignorance but what does IIRC mean
Thanks#
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - Adam {P}
IIRC it means If I Remember/Recall Correctly
--
Adam
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - ajit
They are trying to sell 2.8 auto Superbs for the price of a Merc C 200k (e class size for the price of a c) in India. That is 30000 + pounds -(duties, taxes etc) - people still run for the Mercs and honda accords which cost around 25000 pounds. Howver, Octavias sell like hot cakes
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - Chas{P}
My data is about 6 months old but the parc is showing 5,700 of all derivatives.
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - Sprice
Ive seen quite a few used as taxis, along with loads of octavias used as taxis! A more 'complete' shape IMO, as opposed to the hatch/saloon hybrid shape of the octavia.
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - NowWheels
So - does anyone know how the Skoda Superb is selling?

There's a surprisingly large number of them on Autotrader, but that could be 'cos they are not selling
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - DavidHM
Used prices are pretty strong, so I suppose the answer is 'well enough.' Lots of them are taxis though.
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - Imagos
IIRC Skoda UK announced when the Superb went on sale they only planned to import 1000 examples per year, So that is why you don't see many.
How is the Skoda Superb selling? - brg190 pete
The ones that are around look so like the Passat that most people would not recognise them as a Superb.

I bought an Octavia a couple of years ago, and toyed with the idea then of having a Superb instead. But I was put off by :

a) the silly name
b) the fact that the one the dealer was trying to sell me was in a dreadful grey colour and had no alloys (which are surely a must on what is supposed to be an executive car)
c) the wife hated it - loads of rear legroom, but very little space in the boot.

So we bought the Octavia instead - but I sold it about a year later, as it had so many squeaks and rattles!