Running cold - Mondeo 97 TD - bikemade3
Problem: Mondeo 97 TD runs cool when warmed up, i.e It warms up to a given indication but then if driven on a light/steady throttle sees the indication drop to just in the "normal" zone.

However if driven hard, post the temp indication dropping,then the indication rises. I've since changed the thermostat with a genuine item, and the fault is still apparant.

If it was running hot i would be thinking pump/ radiator problem, but what could cause running cold other than a fault temp sender for the indicator.

No other problems wrt starting or running in general.
Running cold - Mondeo 97 TD - aliveankikin
The rising of the temp is obviously pre opening of the thermostat and once opened water is circulated around the cool radiator. Has this always been apparent, is it the same in summer. Diesels do tend to run cooler on light throttle especially in the cooler months.
Running cold - Mondeo 97 TD - Civic8
>>but what could cause running cold other than a fault temp sender for the indicator.

Temp sender is only an indicator of temp..Not a controller.thermostat controls engine temp.If new stat is faulty not unusual.would suggest having it replaced..Only other thing may be injector timing out?.Just a thought.
--
Steve