new galaxy or Sharan????? - volvos60T5SE
i am looking to change my galaxy tdi 130ps for either a 2.8 V6 galaxy or a 1.8T VW sharan. wot do u backroomers think... i dont mind about fuel consumption... just about performance and reliability - i know, they're both VW engines!!!!!
new galaxy or Sharan????? - Aprilia
That VW V6 engine is a weird design and has a nasty habit of throwing cam chains as the mileage hits 80-100k (yes, I know its had modifications, but they're not yet proven to fix the problem IMHO).
new galaxy or Sharan????? - Blue {P}
Go for a new Galaxy, I reckon they look nicer than the equivalent Sharon, I know it's just a few bits of chrome on the grille, but it makes a difference.

Also, the Galaxy has some good options if you have young kids, like the integrated child seats that I'm not sure if the Sharon comes with...

Besides which, 2.8 versus 1.8T? I know which one I'd be going for :-)

Blue
new galaxy or Sharan????? - Happy Blue!
Oneof my partners has a two year old Galaxy 130TDi Ghia. Is has 15,000 miles. He popped into the local Ford dealer and they offered to swap it for a brand new one for £2,000 yes £2,000.

There are some great deals on brand new Galaxys so have a look around.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
new galaxy or Sharan????? - Vansboy
www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/index.htm?news_id=2245 This looks like verrrrrry good value, to me!!

VB
new galaxy or Sharan????? - BB
I agree with the statement above about the VR6 timing chains causing trouble at 80-100k, however it does need to be pointed out that it is usually one of the tensioners that cause the problems on this engine. Changing the timing chains and tensioners is a £500 job at VW (I had it done 6 months ago), but some VR6 owners just get the tensioners done.

You will hear the rattle from the chains from about 70k onwards.
new galaxy or Sharan????? - Ivor E Tower
Firstly there is laods of info at www.fordgalaxy.org.uk Secondly AIUI VW have never given Ford full access to all the relevant technical info on the VR6 engine and its auto box, so if you have a Galaxy VR6 and hit problems, you could struggle to get solutions/answers. Thought of getting the new (ish) 150bhp Galaxy TDI instead? Probably just as fast in the real world as the VR6, but twice the mpg.
new galaxy or Sharan????? - Xileno {P}
Seat Alhambra.
Essentially the same car, less money.