golf gti 1.8 turbo ecu(2000)eng.code agu - peteses
I recently bought a second hand ecu for my golf that i would like to keep as a spare. However i would like to test it on my golf to be happy that it is a good unit.I have connected it to my car but when i switch on the ignition the message 'immobilisor activated' appears on the dash and the engine fails to run. It has been suggested to me that the ecu has to be somehow coded or programmed to my key?? Therefore i cannot test the unit to check its condition. Any suggestions would be appreciated with costs involved if possible.
golf gti 1.8 turbo ecu(2000)eng.code agu - elekie&a/c doctor
On most modern cars the engine management control unit is coded to the vehicle "chip" in the key & immobiliser system.The system can be reprogrammed & coded but it is not a cost effective way test an Ecu that you may never need.
golf gti 1.8 turbo ecu(2000)eng.code agu - peteses
Thanks for that but just so as i understand in more depth is the "chip" actually in the key or somewhere else on the car. I agree I probably wont ever need it so will just store it in my loft for now, however i am inquisitive and like to understand how things work. Would reprogrammming have to be done by a vw agent only? many thanks.