Frontera DTi lumpy idle - matstro
W've got a 1999 Frontera DTi which after 5 minutes idling starts getting very very lumpy and rough running at the same time giving out a bit of black smoke from the exhaust. A blip on the throttle restores the normal idle.

Theres a suspicion the injectors may need doing. Doe's anyone know whether the camshaft has to come out to gain access to the injectors or is their removal a straightforward job??

thanks in advance...............
Frontera DTi lumpy idle - matstro
I've since found that that yes the cam does have to be removed to take out the injectors and thats not something I want to do mysef furthermore, as another suspect is the fuel filter, I was all set to put a new one in when someone told me I need a bleed kit so thats on hold!

Is this engine DIY friendly?? I'm thinking not! No Haynes manual to be had for this one. I've bought a copy of the TIS CD but find this of limited use so all in all I seem to have a car that when it goes wrong will be heading for a garage unlike most of the cars I've had previously which were all mostly easily fixable with the help of Haynes.

Very frustrating..............