Help needed, M Reg Corsa 1.2 - holly1
My husbands M Reg Corsa has started playing up. It 'sounds' rough when he starts it from cold in the morning, however, by the time he has got to the bottom of the road (about 200 yards) its sounds fine and drives OK. Any suggestions what it could be?

He's checked the basics (oil, water etc.) and all is well, but thats about as far as his mechanical knowledge goes. Car has done about 66,000 miles in total completely trouble free. Cam belt was replaced at 47,000.
Help needed, M Reg Corsa 1.2 - tony@tooting
Sorry Daisy, but Vauxhalls suffer from so many problems these days that you will get lots of postings saying, "I had the same fault and it was this." Only for another person to say it was something else. Without mechanical knowledge it will be impossible for you to check the car out further.
I would recommend taking the car into a good garage and leaving it with them OVERNIGHT, so that the fault can be experianced first hand, and also get the fuel injection ECU read for any codes.

Regards Tony
Help needed, M Reg Corsa 1.2 - Civic8
As a matter of interest.When were the plugs last looked at/replaced-HT leads replaced?
--
Steve
Plugs etc. were replaced only 3 months ago when it also had a major service. It only appears to have done it two mornings and has been fine since so I suppose we shall have to see how it goes.

As for leaving it with a good garage overnight - they appear to be few and far between around here, its a case of hoping it comes back with less faults than it went in.

Until now he has owned 5 Vauxhall cars and not one has caused us any trouble, thats why we are wondering what it could be before we dare to leave it with a garage.
Help needed, M Reg Corsa 1.2 - Victorbox
"Sorry Daisy, but Vauxhalls suffer from so many problems these days" Is this true in relation to the millions out there?
Daisy1, when you say "rough" do you mean the engine sounds knackered (excessive noise) or is it more of a misfire come kangaroo situation?
Think all makes of cars have their own set of problems, its just we have never experienced any problems with the several Vauxhalls we have had especially if you compaire them to the other makes we have owned.

Sounds more like a misfire to me, but it seems to clear up after only a minute or so and runs fine. Certainly not a knackered engine type of sound. Heard that enough times with my old Rover!!
Help needed, M Reg Corsa 1.2 - Victorbox
Then I think Steve is bang on the nail above with plugs or more likely HT leads. Several very cold mornings recently with plenty of frost / dew about. It could be anything of course, but you've got to start somewhere.
Will check them to make sure all is well. I recall a similar problem with my Mini and it turned out to be one of the leads wasnt connected properly.
Help needed, M Reg Corsa 1.2 - MW
If you do not want to go to a main dealer, try a Bosch service centre. Leave the car overnight and a good place will wire it up in the cold outside, and push it in to plug in the computer. All might be revealed. My local Bosch centre had a habit of automatically changing the plugs as it was so cheap to them as they were about £1 each.
A cheaper option, and money well spent anyway on an older car is new plugs and leads for £40??? Might work?