Small car drivers watch out - thallium81
The US State of Oregon, not wishing to lose fuel tax revenue caused by the popularity of small and hybrid cars, is carrying out a study of ways to introduce a Vehicle Mileage Tax to ensure that small car drivers "pay their fair share of taxes".

You have been warned.
Small car drivers watch out - Mapmaker
>>introduce a Vehicle Mileage Tax to ensure that small car drivers "pay their fair share of taxes".

I agree, it's outrageous that they get away with not paying their parking fines just by being short.
Small car drivers watch out - No Do$h
Grrr, beat me to the gag. :drums fingers while surveying moderator buttons: Or did you?

No, that wouldn't be ethical. Fun, but not ethical.

Additional taxes on small cars sounds good. We could call it Micra-economics. Geddit? No? Then would you mind passing my coat?

Ta.
Small car drivers watch out - Altea Ego
My giddy aunt! does not that just explain how the septics have got the balance of climate change, global citizenship, natural resources against beggar you I am all right jack economics just right!
Small car drivers watch out - JH
Should that be sceptics or ar we talking about green people (I'm studying O level pedantry by reading this site !! :-)

John
Small car drivers watch out - Altea Ego
"Should that be sceptics or ar we talking about green people (I'm studying O level pedantry by reading this site !! :-)"

Well John you have a lot to study

Septic is CRS for Yank

(CRS= Cockney Rhyming Slang)
(Septic Tank = Yank)
Learning fast !! :-)

John
What height do you have to be before you cease being a small car driver ?

Did I get that wrong ?

John
Small car drivers watch out - martint123
I don't get it? - They pay virtually nothing in tax on petrol so size of car makes little difference to tax revenues.
That's the point. It upsets the US taxman that people drive economical cars that burn less fuel and hence pay less tax. So they're dreaming up other ways to extract money.
John
Small car drivers watch out - Manatee
Why don't they just increase the tax on fuel? Or is that too logical and not sufficiently damaging to the climate?
They let them carry guns in the US. Have seen how many reports there have been of US judges being shot this year ? Putting tax up ! That's no way to get re-elected (oops, you don't suppose.... ?)
John
Small car drivers watch out - Mapmaker
AND they get away without paying VAT on their children's (sic)shoes.
Small car drivers watch out - Stuartli
small car drivers "pay their fair share of taxes".>>

I'm OK then - I'm six foot tall...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by