Trade in law? - perleman
Hi,

If I trade in a car and it turns out that it has problems, is there any comeback against me (apart from morally) after the sale if I'm truthful at the time of sale and the dealer doesn't use due dilligence to check the car?
Trade in law? - perleman
Don't worry... I can't do it! It's not the person I am. £900 to recondition the engine a week before trade-in. Gutted.
Trade in law? - Bill Payer
It won't worry the dealer - they'll just auction it, which they may well have been planning to do anyway.

Whoever buys it will probably just put it back through again. Not sure when this process ends, though?
Trade in law? - Blue {P}
Don't pay the bill!!!!

I would suggest asking the dealer what they want to do first.

One of my customers was going to spend £500 in our service department to fix her car before trading it in once. I ended up telling her not to get it fixed and we would only reduce it's trade-in value by £350 as this was the amount that our service department would charge us to do the work.

I don't know the circumstances, age, or model of car that you are trading in, but perhaps the dealer can do something like that for you. They will no doubt appreciate your honesty.

Blue