fiesta rear wiper problem - jojo
I have a T reg Fiesta Zetec which seems to have developed a rear wiper problem. Whilst driving in the lovely recent heavy rain I have the front wipers on of course and I switch on the rear wiper (which is naturally on the same stalk) only to find it causes the whole wiper system to pack up, thus leaving me in a layby with a screaming baby waiting for the RAC as no spare fuses handy (a lesson learned there I believe!). RAC turn up & bung in new fuse and all OK & I don't touch the rear wiper for rest of journey.

Go to clear rear screen again today when starting up and have front wipers on etc. and bingo fuse goes again... so I nick another fuse from the fuse box and off we go leaving the rear wiper well alone...

Anybody had this problem and is it an easy fix for a keen novice or does it mean the inevitable trip to the garage???!!

fiesta rear wiper problem - mfarrow
I haven't got a solution to your problem, but I always find a compromise works best when no spare fuses are at hand, so I nick one from an 'unessential' system such as one of the sidelights.
fiesta rear wiper problem - Altea Ego
JoJo

Unless you have access to a person with a multimeter and the knowledge to use it - its a garage trip.

Its going to be a either a feed wire grounded to earth (cheapish to fix) or a defective motor (more expensive).

Either way - its a hard solid fault so should be easy to track down first time.
fiesta rear wiper problem - sierraman
It sounds like there is a fault in the rear wiper motor which is taking current directly to earth,thus overloading the fuse.The front wipers must be on the same fuse.If you put a meter across the input terminal of the wiper motor and earth,having disconnected the cable,and get a reading of a few ohms,then the motor is at fault and can be replaced.Otherwise go to an autoelectrician.