Which small automatic ? - autouk
Hi,

Trying to decide on a small automatic as a first car whether new or used. Somewhere I read that the Micra may not be as reliable as they should because they now use Renault parts?
And Corsa's have problems with the rear bulbs failing leaving the gear box in crawl home mode? As from this would a Charade at £6100 new or a Picanto at £7000 be a better deal than say a nearly new Corsa or Micra (£7700) ?

Also I hear there is a new Fiesta 1.6 automatic out, which seems dear, but brokers have them for £8700 new.

What is the best?

autouk

Which small automatic ? - bimmer-driver
Honda Jazz CVT springs to mind if your budget will stretch that far.
Which small automatic ? - ihpj
If you can find an excellent used example of a PUG 205 then got for that. The auto 'boxes are rock solid. But I'm guessing you want something a little more up to date - how about a Yaris or a Polo?

-----
Im not plain stupid, just a special kind of stoopid.
Which small automatic ? - Altea Ego
205? when did they stop making them?
Which small automatic ? - ihpj
I might face ridicule here by not spotting an obvious ribbing but...wasn't it around 1996 N plate (in the UK)?

-----
Im not plain stupid, just a special kind of stoopid.
Which small automatic ? - Sprice
Honest John highly regards the Yaris, especially the diesel, so would probably recommend the Yaris auto to you!
Which small automatic ? - machika
If you don't mind spending a lot of money, the Jazz CVT is a lovely car.
Which small automatic ? - autouk
HonestJohn,

Would you recommend the Daihatsu Charade (1.0 L auto) then or the new Daihatsu Sirion (1.3 L auto). I would imagine they use the same Toyota type engines and transmissions, but are much much cheaper. The Yaris is around £9500 at it's cheapest.

Daihatsu must be a reliable car, but are they a worthwhile buy?

autouk
Which small automatic ? - expat
Diahatsu were bought by Toyota a year or so ago. They have just closed down the Diahatsu franchise here in Australia. I wouldn't like to take a bet that they won't do the same in the UK.