Help Buying Ford Mondeo - bhoy wonder
My local garage is advertising a Mondeo zetec 130bhp delivery mileage on a 04 plate for £12995. He is willing to take 200 pounds off the price and that is it. Is this a fair price or should I be pushing for a better deal. I have been a company car driver for 14 years so I am not used to buying my own car.Has anybody any advice.
Help Buying Ford Mondeo - DavidHM
If it's an 04, it's been sitting around, costing the dealer money in depreciation for at least eight months. You can get a car the same age, but run in at around 10-15k miles, for £1k to £1,500 cheaper.

Alternatively I've seen the same car (with 130 bhp it must be a tdci) for £13,875 plus metallic, so about £1,200 more, as a pre-registered 05 plate car, which will come with an extra year's warranty or so, be worth at least a few hundred more second hand and not have stood around for so long.

Given the age, and lack of mileage, I'd say the price is about right, but it's a bit of an odd one, neither really new nor obviously used.
Cheers,

I have been looking at another dealer who is advertising a zetec s tdci 130bhp for £11600 with 6000 miles on a 54 plate. So unless the other dealer comes down a fair bit on his price then he will not get my business. I call them in the morning and play on the fact that it has been sitting in his fourcourt for 8 months and see what he says.
Help Buying Ford Mondeo - cheddar
Cheers,
I have been looking at another dealer who is advertising a
zetec s tdci 130bhp for £11600 with 6000 miles on a
54 plate. So unless the other dealer comes down a fair
bit on his price then he will not get my business.
I call them in the morning and play on the fact
that it has been sitting in his fourcourt for 8 months
and see what he says.

One bargaining point is that Ford are making a few tweaks to the Mondeo, just announced, small things like a chrome grill and audio socket in the glovebox though makes this car obsolete so might help the to convince the dealer to deal.
Help Buying Ford Mondeo - trancer
You are going to continue bargaining for an older car, with lower spec that costs £1300 more?. The 6,000 miles on the clock is inconsequential as neither car is "new". If you specifically don't want a Zetec S then ignore my rambling. 8-)
Help Buying Ford Mondeo - cheddar
I have to agree with trancer, I would go for the 54 Zetec S, it is the best looking Mondeo variant as well.
Help Buying Ford Mondeo - Stuartli
My mate bought two March 04 Mondeo Zetec 2.0 models for a sticker price of £8,999 each before negotiations at Arnold Clark last month (this was at the Liverpool branch, but other branches also have them). Both had done around 7k and were in good nick.

Try the website to see what's still availble if you are interested.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
This is an Arnold Clark in Glasgow. Thanks for the info.