Which Estate to get - advice please - Scott#_Lewis
OK - first post here so here goes:-

I ahve an aging Daewoo Nubira Estate - 1998 (Bough for BCA auction 5 years ago and has been good value upto the last year or so - now feeling the pinch with highter part prices) - and now not worth spending any more money on. I ahve 1 child with another due in the next month - oh and a dog

So -was looking for a better Estate. I currently have £4-4.5 and was again thinking of going down to BCA Auctions and seeing what I can get - say Ex-company one

I have ruled out People Carriers as an Estate seems to have more room - and I have a dog aswell - so dont have to keep taking out the rear seats.

But of course - which Estate for my money.

The one that seems or come to mind - is a A4 Avant - say 5 years old - goes or bad choice - shall I go for a Diesel???

The other one that I may also go for is one I have liked for a while - Rover 75 Estate. With Rovers recent demise - is this a viable option?

Any advice appreciated

Scott
Which Estate to get - advice please - mlj
Hi there:

If you are thinking Audi A4 I would suggest Skoda Octavia Estate.
Same mechanicals, much bigger boot and you will get a much newer car for your money. Diesel is favourite but at £5K I would be looking for the best car I can find and be flexible over petrol or diesel.
Someone will be along in a while to recommend a Citroen!
Which Estate to get - advice please - james26
>Someone will be along in a while to recommend a Citroen!

And 5* AA or RAC membership ever year for the Citroen. Lost count of how many times new looking Citroen's I've seen on breakdown low loaders! Plus I have friend who has a C8, more stories of woe than I could list. Plus I had a Citroen C3 on hire for 2 weeks, in the end I got to try 2 models in the C3 range....

What about a older Saab 9-5? or Volvo 850/V70? Both solid cars. You should find some of those two for your cash. Or Honda Civc Estate or Toyota Corolla estate, both smaller options with good strong reliability.

James.
Which Estate to get - advice please - Altea Ego
"Lost count of how many times new looking Citroen's I've seen on breakdown low loaders!"

Indeed - search in this forum for the number of C5's that have major faults.

Oh it seems there are not many, but a lot of Happy C5 owners it seems.

Which Estate to get - advice please - Adam {P}
The C5 is the only Citroen ever that I have ever, in all seriousness thought about owning. Seriously. And I'm no Citroen fan! But in the right circumstances if a decent C5 came along, I'd consider having one.

--
Adam
Which Estate to get - advice please - Ben79
The C5 is the only Citroen ever that I have ever,
in all seriousness thought about owning. Seriously. And I'm no Citroen
fan! But in the right circumstances if a decent C5 came
along, I'd consider having one.
--
Adam

I'd have another C5 without a doubt. New if i won the lottery and could afford the depreciation!
Which Estate to get - advice please - barney100
Go for a Volvo..one of the bigger ones, an 850 or 940 for your budget. They do mega miles and can be serviced by most independents. A dog guard keeps pooch happy. Look on the volvo high mileage club and see how these cars go on and on...great value for money.
Which Estate to get - advice please - Scott#_Lewis
Well - what can I say - when I first though of an Estate - I was looking for a Volvo v70 - based on the fact my Mum has always had Volvos and well, I wanted the updated 850. But friends I know who are involved in cars more than I - said no based on cost of parts, running costs etc. They basically said, get something eg popular/reliable make that in 2-4 years you will get some money back.

Now - Skoda Octavia - yep - love the Estate but am concerned ref ther esale value on 3/4 years. Dont want to be in the same situ at the moment - car is basically not worth spending any more money on as reputation is tarnished.

Am I wise to head off the the auction again as it seems the motors I am looking at at may well be found in ex company car lots that BCA do alot - will end up gong to the Blackbusche or London auction.

Scott

Which Estate to get - advice please - bax
Mrs bax suggested Blenheim because of the nice paintings and the lovely gardens in summer. I'm not sure that it's actually up for sale though.
By the way: we've been advised by someone who knows about up-to-date things that cocoa is now rather down-market and that modern people are consuming something called drinking chocolate. Has anyone tried it?
Regards, bax
Which Estate to get - advice please - Avant
Quite agree with the advice to go for the Octavia - A4s are grat but you'll get a much newer Octavia. It's worth looking out for a sound Mondeo or Vectra at that price. Generally I think that the cheaper (and therefore older) the car, the less the nmake matters and the more its condition. Also look for the equivalent Japanese medium estates from Nissan Toyota and Mazda.

Sadly, any of the above are better value than a Rover 75. Both Rovers and Renaults can be brilliant if well looked after, but are more vulnerable to abuse or neglect on the part of the previous owner.
Which Estate to get - advice please - Happy Blue!
Bit obvious i suppose but Mondeo or Focus?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Which Estate to get - advice please - VTiredeyes
megane sport tourer :-)
Which Estate to get - advice please - Vansboy
My trusty Maestro van was replaced a few months back with an Omega.

Surprised no suggestions for one of these! VERY good value if you consider list prices when new - not that anyone would have paid that much.

I had originally thought 406,at a similar budget as you. Certainly if I'd been able to find a 'nice' one, I'd have done so. Unfortunatly, many miles wasted auction shopping couldn't offer me one - some VERY poor examples around!!

So I've gone down in £$£$ & got, what seems to be a rather good car, lots of toys & space & comfort & less than £2,000 serviced & cambelted!!

97R reg 118k 2.5CDX original paintwork ex Senior Officers company car, Met Police (no blues n two's)

VB