Volvo 760 door mirror - Big Cat
My mum has broken the glass in the door mirror of her Volvo 760 in a narrow road. It's electric and heated so will be expensive to replace the whole unit on an old car. But I had a closer look today and the casing is intact, only the glass is cracked.
Anyone know if just the glass can be replaced or does she have to get the whole unit replaced by Volvo?

Thanks in anticipation.
Volvo 760 door mirror - Jamesh266
www.gsfcarparts.com do a stick on mirror glass for £10.75 or the whole mirror for £52.
Volvo 760 door mirror - volvoman
Not sure how old this car is but on my old 940 the glass and was removeable via a small hole underneath the outer casing. You just stick a small slotted screwdriver up into the hole and it should quite easily locate in a groove on a plastic ring on the back of the mirror glass. This ring rotates left/right slightly and doing this should free the glass. Refitting is simply the reverse procedure. The motor assembly is separate and sounds like it should be OK but the heater element is built into the glass assembly and has two contacts for the wires which just slide off. I'd get a new glass from a breakers or try eurocarparts. HTH.
Volvo 760 door mirror - Armitage Shanks {p}
There is a huge Volvo breaker on the A1 Northbound about a mile North of the Black Cat Roundabout, just where the A421 to Cambridge slip road leaves the A1. I am going past at the weekend, I'll try and get a name and/telephone number. You may be miles away from there so this may be no help!
Volvo 760 door mirror - Big Cat
Thanks for all the advice but in the end I phoned Volvo. You can get the glass separately for a reasonable £30 + VAT. They will fit it FOC. As car needs an MoT next week, speed is important.
Volvo 760 door mirror - volvoman
"they will fit FOC"

Not surprised really - I'm sure it's the same setup as I described above so it's only a 2 minute job - mind you I suppose they could have tried charging 15mins labour at £65per hour + VAT.

Incidentally, I don't think it's an MOT failure point is it? I'm sure mine went through MOT with the exact same problem before I finally got round to fixing it.