Citroen ZX indicators - Paul F
Recently the indicators on my ZX have had a tendency to "Stay on" rather than flash. It's only an intermittent fault - is this a dying flasher unit and where is it?
(The Haynes manual isn't much help!)
Re: Citroen ZX indicators - Phil Goodacre
It's more likely to be a bulb on the way or corrosion in the bulb holder.
Re: Citroen ZX indicators - humpy
I've ahd the same problem. It was because the drainage pipes just in front of the windscreen had been blocked by leaves, I took it for a car wash and the wells filled up and overflowed into the ventilation duct. Not only did the carpets get very wet but the indicators stopped flashing. After a bit of dry weather the flasher unit must have dried up and they started flashing again.
I've ahd the same problem. It was because the drainage pipes just in front of the windscreen had been blocked by leaves, I took it for a car wash and the wells filled up and overflowed into the ventilation duct. Not only did the carpets get very wet but the indicators stopped flashing. After a bit of dry weather the flasher unit must have dried up and they started flashing again. Does your intermittent problem occur with wet weather?
Re: Citroen ZX indicators - Paul F
Thanks for the advice, I''ll check it in the morning - by the way it does happen in damp weather!

Paul F.
I've had the same problem. It was because the drainage pipes just in front of the windscreen had been blocked by leaves, I took it for a car wash and the wells filled up and overflowed into the ventilation duct. Not only did the carpets get very wet but the indicators stopped flashing. After a bit of dry weather the flasher unit must have dried up and they started flashing again. Does your intermittent problem occur with wet weather?
Re: Citroen ZX indicators - Andrew
I had the same problem with the wells filling up with water in my ZX when the outlet holes got blocked with leaves. In my case water got into the heater blower motor and ruined it. It was a £130 repair job 8 years ago at the 13th month i.e. just outside warranty! After that I regularly checked the areas in question and removed leaves and debris.