Citroen Saxo loosing power - racirach
I have a V reg 1.1 Saxo and seems to have a problem where it has temporary loss of power when accelerating or just cruising along in general. The car then starts to jolt and gets surges of power. The only way to stop it doing this is usually to change gear

Occasionally when slowing down the car has a tendency to stall, even though the car is still moving at a reasonable speed of around 30 mph and appears to have low revs, this is noticable when waiting at traffic lights etc as when no gas is applied the lights seem less bright, only to illuminate better once gas is applied.

Any ideas what could be wrong with it? The car has recently been serviced (this problem was happening prior to the service)
Citroen Saxo loosing power - Civic8
Any vacuum pipe leaks at or near inlet manifold?
--
Steve
Citroen Saxo loosing power - mark495
I had exactly this on my 2000 model, was happening eraticly so igot the tune up guy out who showed me the fix.
it will be either of 2 sensors, the throttle position sensor (expencive), or cooling temperature sensor (not so dear).

unclip them and spray a bit of wd40 around them to see if it helps,
Thanks for this. HJ suggested the throttle position sensor too, where exactly will I find the bits I need to unclip and spray? If it is the throttle position sensor, how expensive is it roughly?
ohh i asked the tune up guy how much it was, he guestimated about £100, but said spraying it up works most of the time as its normally a worn connection
Wouldn't really know what to look for here??? Any less technical or more detailed advice ????

Thanks
im trying to find on line a pic of the engine bay to describe it, the throttle sensor, as you look in the engine, just at the back of the block you will see the throttle cable - up to the left of the air filter ? ok on that should be a clip (on mine its orange) goinging to a box - think mine is marked Bosch or Sagem? unclip it and spray it up

if this makes no sence let me know and ill try and host a pic on a website to show you tomorrow