Steer clear of Manchester - mike hannon
Excuse me if someone has picked up on this already but I couldn't believe my eyes when I read it.
I've just got around to reading HJ's agony column in Saturday's Telegraph and he leads with some clown from Manchester who says he limits the use of the indicators in his Saab because he doesn't like the clicking noise they make.
You couldn't make it up...
Steer clear of Manchester - trancer
My Wife absolutely hates the indicator noise on newer Fords, its more of a "clack" than a "click" and on more than one occasion she has asked if I could cancel the indicator (usually when stationary waiting to turn). These were hire/courtesy cars so we didn't have them for long.

I try to limit windscreen wiper use on my car as the squeaky noise irritates me, so I can hardly critisize her for it.
Steer clear of Manchester - BazzaBear {P}
SWMBO's new Corsa makes the most excrutiatingly irritating noise, an electronic 'blinking' noise. Not sure I would ever not indicate because of it though.
Steer clear of Manchester - frostbite
Given the peculiar things that people throw money at these days, it will probably become fashionable to download that noise as a mobile ringtone.
Steer clear of Manchester - LongDriver {P}
Wait....i have an idea...

/me runs off to patent downloadable tones to replace those made by your car's indicators....
Steer clear of Manchester - frazerjp
Sounds like a good idea LongDriver! Thumping bass beats which are more audioly (pardon the spelling!) asthetic then a tick tock?
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Steer clear of Manchester - mountainkat
Seems indicators must now be fitted as "optional extras" on many cars - hardly see them flashing anymore !!