U cant get quicker than.... - DaveKent
You can't get quicker than a Kwik-Fit fitter... Or so the ad say's.

The other day I got told to come in at 1.30 for a new exhaust. When I got there they told me they don't book cars in, it's a first come first serve service. Very odd! Anyway, I finally got away at 5.10pm after waiting with about 10 other people in a gold fish bowl office. As this Kwik-Fit was out of town there was nowhere to go or nothing to do. It was the most tedious 3hrs & 40mins of my life.

I went with Kwik-Fit as I have K-F car insurance and get 10% off at all there garages. I think I will pay the extra just to get away quicker (or booked in properly) next time.

Can anyone beat my 3hrs & 40mins of waiting hell?
U cant get quicker than.... - Adam {P}
A week.

Seriously. We were on holiday in Cornwall and the car started running rough so we took it to a garage who basically kept us hanging around a week saying it was the head gasket.

This was the week the hotel we were staying in closed but they put us up in a self catering chalet for free (which I thought was amazing) whilst we waited.

The garage cracked the engine block and we got towed home from Cornwall to Liverpool at something like 90p a mile.

Still - not the end of the world - we ended up selling the Peugeot for peanuts and bought a new V6 Mondeo.
--
Adam
U cant get quicker than.... - smokie
"I went with Kwik-Fit as I have K-F car insurance and get 10% off at all there garages. I think I will pay the extra just to get away quicker (or booked in properly) next time."

Shop around, I think you could usually save more than 10% over KF prices. (And did you shop around for the insurance???)
U cant get quicker than.... - DaveKent
"I went with Kwik-Fit as I have K-F car insurance and
get 10% off at all there garages. I think I will
pay the extra just to get away quicker (or booked in
properly) next time."
Shop around, I think you could usually save more than 10%
over KF prices. (And did you shop around for the insurance???)

I shop around every year and every year I change insurance companies because one of them will beat my currant insurance.Kwik-Fit won this year.
U cant get quicker than.... - mfarrow
Kwik-Fit always seem to say "come in at this time" even though it's first come, first servered, like you say. I've had a tyre and back box done there and they got the job done fairly smartish.

The joint at the back box does blow if I put my hand over the exhaust but apart from this I've been happy enough.

--------------
Mike Farrow
U cant get quicker than.... - Rishab C
Maybe they just said 1.30 as they are usually quiet? I imagine some finish lunch break then, plus customers who pop in their lunch hour are also back at work.
U cant get quicker than.... - Ex-Moderator
Two notes removed, one was yet another whinge about moderating from rishab/sooty and the other a teddybear throwing from someone else.

Moderation comments by e-mail. If you don't like it here, don't come, and does the irony of writing a note to say you won't write anymore notes occur to you ? I guess it just no fun being on your soapbox if you can't make sure people are looking.
U cant get quicker than.... - ihpj
In their defence, I've alwayshad good service from them and found them to be willing to remedy/address any concerns I might have had after work was done by them. Generally very good people I have found - but then it could simply be down to the staff at the location, rather than the Company.

They will tend to oblige, but then there have been times when they can't. But overall, they do seem to be good.
U cant get quicker than.... - P 2501
I have had this before - come in at 10 mate - only to get there and find out they don't do appointments.

Once had to wait for 2hours + for my MOT because the tester was late getting in. And then he failed me for blown headlamp bulb and streaking windscreen wipers.
U cant get quicker than.... - L'escargot
Why is there this obsession for getting things done at the cheapest possible price regardless of any other considerations? I'd much sooner have genuine replacement parts ~ when it comes to exhausts I'm sure they work out cheapest in the long run, and they certainly "silence" more effectively.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
U cant get quicker than.... - Carl2
I had an exhaust fitted at a Ford main dealer a lot cheaper than KF . In view of this fact I thought I,d pop back and ask if KF had made a mistake. They just said you must have the wrong exhaust. The exhaust is the genuine Ford back and center box. It was fitted 3years ago and has never been a problem. So I don,t think people are choosing a cheap option when going to KF just a possibly more convenient one.