Rockingham - ajit
Was looking at some drive days at Rockingham. Although the duration is stated as 3 hours, actual drive time is 25 min.

I have been to Thruxton and found it good value comparativly. Is there anything that I am missing out in Rockingham ? or has anyone been on any of the courses
Rockingham - Soupytwist
Yes I have. I got for Christmas one of their Mini Cooper S driving 'experiences' which basically consisted of 5 back to back laps of a track made up of plenty of bends on the infield and one of the straights and bends from the main track stretched out over about 2 hours.

This doesn't sound like much but it was certainly enough for me to decide whether I'd like to do something similar again (I would).

With regard to it as a venue, I found it excellent. Great facilities for family members etc. to spectate (and for participants once they've done their thing), a little area for young children to play in and they laid on a children's entertainer, easy parking etc. The food on offer is a bit basic but you can get a cup of tea / coffee and an overpriced cake or chocolate bar.

The whole thing is definitely run so that they get as many people as poss. through in one day but it never felt like they were treating you like cattle. I went on their first Saturday of this season so they were a little bit rusty from an organisational point of view but not too bad.

One tip on getting there, follow the signs, not the confusing printed directions and if you're coming from the east along the A14, exit at the first sign for Rockingham, don't carry on to to the junction in the directions, it'll add about 15 minutes to your journey.

I think were I to do it again I'd try to get somewhere with a bit more track time, although that might be at the expense of the comfort of anyone accompanying me with children etc. in tow !

--
Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
Rockingham - tyre tread
I live very close to Rockingham and have been on several occasions including to watch a friend do one of their skid courses.

I have also done the supercar event (including Diablo, Jag XKR Supercharged, Exige, and my favourite the Noble GTO) at Mallory Park and twin engined karts at 3 sisters in Wigan and taken the P5 Rover around Colerne Airfiled circuit, Round Castle Coombe up Prescott Hill Climb and they are all wonderful experiences.

What you always must bear in mind is that they are commercial ventures so, unless you pick a really bad one, you will generally get what you pay for.

Most are trying to strike a balance between sending the punters home happy and therefore getting recommendations and making money.

I haven't heard (or seen) anything bad about the Rockingham experiences and, especially being local, I'm sure I would have heard if there were problems.

Quite apart from anything else there are rumours of Rockingham going bankrupt and closing so you really should go and see it even if only once.