The batteries went dead in my remote fob but now i have changed the battries it does not work. i have a 1998 micra and the fob is a siemens 5wk4 600. Its an oval shaped unit with a red lock button and a black unlock button. My spare unit works just fine.
Glad the process worked - I have a 2003 Primera and the same process works - assume the key fob lost the sequence - sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't, when replacing batteries. Handy though, as you can get OEM replacement fobs for a fraction of nissan prices - just need to reprogramme all the keys/fob remotes (not of course the immobiliser transponder chip in the key)
I got a key fob off ebay for a 99 Almera. Following these instructions...
"KEY FOB PROGRAMMING
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and
unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key?s.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key?s for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds."
...I was able to get the key fob to open and lock the doors, however it will not start the engine, the little alarm light just flashes, NATS thing I think. Is there any way of me getting the chip in the key fob to work? Any advice appreciated, thanks
hey name is jason i have just bought a 1997 nissan elgrand it is a great van just a shame the key fob does not work i have tried to reprogram as you explain it worked once well the lights flashed anyway but fob did not work so i had a friend test the signal and there was no signal so i managed to find a new fob i tried to program that one with no joy so i thought i would get my friend to test the signal on that one and there was no signal do you know if the key needs activating or something or if there has been more than four fobs is there some kind of master reset to start again? im so confused ive just spent nearly £200 on new fob that has no signal when tested with a rf meter your help would be really appreciated many thanks jason