Passat Courtesy Lights - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
The lights on the door bottoms come on- but none of the internal ones do when a door is opened.They do work when selected manually.
Any ideas?
I'd this problem with a Golf under warranty and IIRC it involved replacement of the door lock.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Passat Courtesy Lights - JohnM{P}
Problem with the 'theatre lights' control module (as puddle lights not wired through it)?
Where is this module and is there anything I can do to sort it?
Sorry I did not notice the reply a few days ago.
--
Passat Courtesy Lights - JohnM{P}
Sorry, I don't have any details... I didn't have any problem with my Passat, but when lights and electric windows stopped working on my Golf (spotting the blown fuse was the easy bit), the garage traced the cause to a wire coming off of said module, shorting out in the process.
Hopefully one of the electrical wizards will know more!
Passat Courtesy Lights - Tim Allcott
The "Convenience module" which controls all sorts of things is under the passenger footwell carpet (towards the seat end) I understand this can get wet, and corrode the wiring connections, producing all sorts of interesting symptoms. Try lifting the carpet and seeing if there's any corrosion on the wiring.
Tim{P}
Passat Courtesy Lights - adverse camber
this module is a very common problem on passats. The usual culprit is the pollen filter, apparently the seals/lid for the pollen filter are often a bad fit or are badly sealed or can crack. Water then leaks through and runs into the footwell causing problems. Often have alarm probs as well - its on the same computer.
If you find it is not just the wiring and that the module itself is U/S, email me direct. I have one in the garage. After ours went, I bought a spare from ebay. Having just traded in the car, it is surplus to requirements.
Tim{P}
Passat Courtesy Lights - adverse camber
kind offer by Tim, but check the part number first, there are a lot of variants of this part depending on the spec of the vehicle it is fitted to. You may find that something doesnt work if the wrong one is fitted.
Tim,
Thanks for the offer. Just weighing up how to actually get under the carpet. I guesss I need to remove the plastic trim panel in front of the door sill then remove the sill cover panel somehow?
The carpet looks well fitted!
--
it was a while ago... and I no longer have the vehicle, so I can't check this evening.I do remember lifting the door trim strip and the plastic trim panel, but my door trim strip was screwed down. I would have thought that, given the presence of the units under the carpet they should be comparatively accessible... it would be silly for them to use glue..
Mark's comments may be accurate, as my passat was a '98 model year (didn't have the 'door' lights.) I will try and find it tinight and see if it has a part no. attached. Let's just hope it's the wiring rather than the module itself...
Tim{P}