Zafira 1.8 Elegance - Pezzer
SWMBO, has summoned up some interest in a 77k T plate example of the above to replace her much loved but elderly Spacewagon. Its up for £5395 (trade) which seems about ok with a bit of room for haggling.
Does anybody have any views on either the car or the price ?

Thanks in advance P
Zafira 1.8 Elegance - hxj

The car itself is great, my W reg did 100,000 in 4 1/2 years with no real problems before I replaced it with another better one.

Very boring really but with no major problems in use.

£5,400 sounds expensive, you should be able to get a newer one for less than that. IIRC the X reg ones had a slightly uprated engine and a better spec
Zafira 1.8 Elegance - Imagos
Be carefull of the spare wheel. Stored outside vehicle under rear floor. Very prone to theft. Very poorly stored and secured. Check under there carefully.

My only complaint, fine automobile otherwise.
Zafira 1.8 Elegance - Imagos
Its up for £5395 (trade) which seems about ok

hmm.. not sure about this price though. a tad on the steep side and certainly not going for a song?
Zafira 1.8 Elegance - Dynamic Dave
Its up for £5395 (trade) which seems about ok....

That's about £1450 more than the part exchange value on an excellent conditioned one, and £1900 more than an average conditioned one.
with a bit of room for haggling.

I'd say a lot of room for haggling is required.
Zafira 1.8 Elegance - TheGrocer
Waych out for the build quality as its very poor. I had one for 2 years and bits kept falling off (internal plastic trim, visers etc) Good drive but a little boring, Great family shifter but not much room in the back when the rear seats are up. Plus as the kids get older the back seats become a little cramped...You pays your money and you makes your choice!!
Zafira 1.8 Elegance - SpamCan61 {P}
Well I've just paid 6K + my old Omega for a high milage 2001X elegance; although your original price does sound a bit high; several 1.8 elegances I went after had been sold the day they went on sale.

In terms of build quality then over in the CBC HJ specifically mentions the good build quality, the one I've just bought has no rattles or squeeks at 82K . A tad low geared for motorway work mind you, 60 mph = 3000 rpm in top, so a little noisy