Dealer service - gasoil
My 2001 Mitsubishi Shogun is nearing its 54000 mile service the dealer wants £560 quid yes £560. The problem is that the car is under warranty,has anybody used an independant then had to make a claim? does it cause any problems with the warranty?
Dealer service - blue_haddock
I'd imagine at that mileage it's needing a full service and also a cambelt. It does seem a fair bit but i've no idea how long it takes to do the timing belt on a shogun.
Dealer service - gasoil
there is no cam belt on a shogun!
Dealer service - L'escargot
£560? Blimey. I bet there isn't any Ford car that costs that much to service, whatever the mileage.
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
Dealer service - blue_haddock
£560? Blimey. I bet there isn't any Ford car that costs
that much to service, whatever the mileage.

I bet the new ford GT will need more than an occasional oil and filter change!
Dealer service - Truckosaurus
On the other hand, the Ford GT uses a similar engine to that found in millions of pickup trucks, so a routine service probably runs to $20. :-)
Dealer service - Andrew-T
As everyone says Mitsubishis never fail, why are you bothered about the warranty? Use an indie.
Dealer service - gasoil
I wish I was so sure it would never fail!
Dealer service - Adam {P}
I thought there was this big hoohah over warranty claims and dealers having the monopoly on services? By that I mean, I thought the warranty was upheld if you used an independent?

Could be wrong of course
--
Adam
Dealer service - Truckosaurus
The Manufacturers warranty must be honoured where-ever the vehicle is serviced as long as the official service schedule is followed and 'genuine' parts are used.
Dealer service - Adam {P}
That's the one.

Cheers Truckosaurus
--
Adam
Dealer service - mountainkat
The vehicle can be serviced by any VAT registered company - if your going independant just make sure they provide you with full documentation detailing the OEM parts fitted & the service schedule they followed - if you get this there should be no problem
Dealer service - GrahamF1
I'd be interested in knowing the breakdown of that £560...

With a cambelt I could just about believe the quote, main dealer labour rates being as high as they are. But without... crikey.
Dealer service - gasoil
3.6 hours @ £62 plus vat. and around £260 of parts but thats only oil & filters etc.