Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - Halmer
to the boot of my wife's Punto which currently has a radio cassette player?

A FIAT replacement CD/radio is £350 plus fitting. I wondered if there was a way that she could get an interchanger fitted linked from the boot and keep the existing radio cassette?
Can I simply add a CD interchanger - Adam {P}
That's what I've done with mine although I have a Ford. In theory you can but it cost me £50 for an adapter and then £150 for teh changer. This is all assuming your existing stereo is compatible with one.

I'm afraid I'm not au fait with Fiats but someone else most certainly will be.
--
Adam
Can I simply add a CD interchanger - Adam {P}
This isn't where I got mine from (can't remember) but I've heard good things about:

www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/

--
Adam
Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - Civic8
Will depend on. whether it has correct connections on back of radio/c.If you have the radio manual.It should tell you.If not you will have to remove radio to check..Front may have AUX/CD button.Which would be a giveaway as to whether it can or not?
--
Steve
Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - Pugugly {P}
It can be done with an FM convertor as well - old tech and can be noisy
Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - Civic8
>>old tech and can be noisy

Usualy is which is why I didnt suggest..
--
Steve
Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - Jamesh266
I bought my Fiat Brava CD changer from www.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk/acatalog/SHOP_Home_Page_...l

It cost around £150, including a cable which plugged into the back of the existing radio and took around an hour and a half for me to fit, but I tore my skin to shreds removing and replacing bits of trim and dashboard.

Sound quality is good, and it is operated by the controls on the original radio.
Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - dilbert
YES - this can be done to a Punto also. My wife's 2001 Punto has the standard Blaupunkt unique fit radio/cassette up front, and a 10-disc Blaupunkt player in the boot. Can't comment about how easy it is to fit as I had the dealer do it. The CD player is activated with the 'source' button and the disc is selected by the ratio pre-set buttons (1-5 for discs 1 to 5 and then 6 plus 1-5 for discs 6 to 10 if you see what I mean).

I'm always surprised how many new Puntos I see that are fitted with DIN-sized radio/CD players. Seems a backward step to me when there's a perfectly good unique fit system avaiable.

Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - GrahamF1
Maybe they don't want to pay dealer prices for the CD-changer upgrade? For the £300 odd the dealer will charge to fit the factory one, you could buy a much better system.
Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - Halmer
That's all really helpful thanks people.

I've mailed the model number to one of the companies and await a response.

Can't see Aux/CD anywhere on the front of the current Radio cassette but it looks like it will work from what I've read.
Can I simply add a CD interchanger.Punto - joann20
can you tell me how to get the radio off so that i can attach a cd changer to the existin tape player and radio on the fiat punto 2001 ?

Thanks