Colour Charts for cars - Steve G
Does anyone know of a website which lists and shows the names of car manufacturers colours.
....So many different names for just one colour these days
-cobolt blue / sprint blue /venetian blue ... thats just a few of Fiat's blue's.

Any ideas ?
Re: Colour Charts for cars - Dwight Van-Driver
Steve.

Cannot help with website but....
Had a L.R. 90 that wanted attention on the wing. Unusual fawn/brown col. Could not match from the cans in Halfords etc. Called at out local Motor Factor (Plunketts) which had a sample string of colour cards from which they identified not only the colour name but were able to make up for me a spray can. Worked a treat.

DVD
Re: Colour Charts for cars - colin
When I needed to colour match my frost white Civic I found that nobody would supply the colour in a spray can because it contains lead. Finished up touring the supermarket carparks parking next to other white cars, and succeeded in finding a Ford colour can which was indistinguishable.
Re: Colour Charts for cars - Mike B
There is a company called Bancrofts world of colour, they can mix you just about any colour you want. either from the manufacturers details or even from a sample of the colour you want.
Re: Colour Charts for cars - Mark (Brazil)
which manufacturer ?
Re: Colour Charts for cars - Steve G
Its not for any particular car at the moment.
I would find this information very useful when sourcing/reconditioning stock.
Thanks for the informaton you have given.
Re: Colour Charts for cars - Mark (Brazil)
This is what you want. However, you mentioned buying it for stock leading me to assume that you are a business.

If this is the case, I leave you to deal with the ethics of one business using another's information.

On the other hand, since they are US, if you contact them theymay be quite happy to share information.

I only ever used this site once, for an Audi, but I assume it is equally good for other makes/models.

www.paintscratch.com/
Re: Colour Charts for cars - Steve G
Thanks for the link Mark
Unfortunately it concentrates on American cars.
It's just the kind site i'm looking for but with a UK emphasis.