Peugeot 206 engine mgmt light - aks
Petrol 1.4 version year 2000 36,000 miles, engine management warning light came on, Peugeot dealer diagnosis "intermitant miss fire" requiring £200 to be spent on new coil and plugs. No notieable fault with car when driven except warning light. Anyone had a simliar experience and can provide advice to avoid shelling out £200?
Thanks
AKS
Peugeot 206 engine mgmt light - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
There seems to be an issue with the coil packs on these cars breaking down and if severe enough can damage the ECU.It is quite possible that your particular car is in the process of failing and may be 'spiking' the ECU. I would be inclined to present the car to the dealer for rectification with the proviso that if the fitment of new parts does not solve the problem they will refit the original parts FOC. I assume they have charged you for the initial diagnosis? Other causes could be lazy lambda sensor or fouling injectors but these would show up as surging on cruise/light throttle.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Peugeot 206 engine mgmt light - ShereKhan
My friend had a near enough similar fault on his 206 1.4 GLX. The dealer relaced coil pack under warranty. It would be better to source parts yourself e.g. GSF or Eurocar parts and get a garage to fit it for you. Alternatively you could find a local Peugeot Express Fit if you want a Peugeot garage to do it for you. They tend to look after 3+ cars and charge less than the main garage rates.

--
306 2.0 SE Cabriolet