Vectra 2004 Sri - MPG - wonderwheels
Just looking for some info.I filled my Vectra up today with a full tank of Unleaded.The computer showed a range of 280 miles.I know that this value is based on an "average" and refreshes every so often.I had just been driving around town prior to filling up.Surely a full tank should cover more than this?. I thought the Vauxhall "Direct" engine was meant to be more economical.I am sure when I bought the car it was displaying over 350 miles for the range on a full tank.The combined figure for the SRi is 37mpg.
Vectra 2004 Sri - MPG - Dynamic Dave
The computer showed a range of 280 miles.
I had just been driving around town prior to filling up. Surely a full tank should cover more than this?

The 'range left' value on my Vectra's computer does the same. I think it all depends on what type of journey you're doing prior to filling up. An urban run in my 2.2 Elegance shows just the same as yours, 280 miles on fill up, but another time after a decent run will have it showing upwards of 400 miles.

It was reading 50 miles range left in the tank the other day and the fuel gauge was still on ¼ full. As soon as I hit the open road doing speeds averaging 60mph, it shot back up to 120 miles left.

In short the fuel computer on my previous Vectra(B) seemed to be a lot more accurate and consistant than it does on on my current (C).

Garage claim there is nothing wrong with it. "They all do that guv"
Vectra 2004 Sri - MPG - Pugugly {P}
Brim it - then work out mileage vs. fuel used (with a pencil!) you should get an accurate figure for MPG
Vectra 2004 Sri - MPG - Dynamic Dave
Brim it - then work out mileage vs. fuel used (with a pencil!)

I do ;o)

And it's always gives a different result than the fuel puter, which tends to over-read by approx 2mpg.