Vauxhall Warranty Cover - Mhothecat
Interested if anyone has experience of what is and isn't covered by Vauxhall's "Customer Option" 2nd and 3rd year warranty.

My wife's Meriva (02 reg) has delveloped a water leak at about 14 months old, resulting in a spare wheel well(!) full of water and mouldy boot floor trim. The water is coming from somewhere in the upperpart of the car.

The dealer says that the bodywork is not covered by the 2nd & 3rd year, and that we "Should have read the small print". The only small print in the warrenty booklet says that wear & tear items, soft trim and consumables are not covered, but dosn't seem to exclude anything else.

I've never had this sort of problem with Skoda, Mitsubishi or even Citroen warranties.

Thanks for any feedback!
Vauxhall Warranty Cover - Craggyislander
Hi

My Vectra C (Sept 2003 22k miles) is in the Vauxhall garage now being worked on for a failed shock. I am trying to get them to pay for it as I think a shock failing after 22k miles is not very good to put it politely.
Keep an eye on that thread and I will update it later when they let me know what the story is.
Vauxhall Warranty Cover - hxj

From the vauxhall website

"There are thousands of individual parts fitted to your Vauxhall and virtually every one of them is covered for mechanical or electrical failure by the standard three-year/60,000 mile warranty that comes with every new Vauxhall"

So looks like bodywork failures are excluded. How about arguing that the failure appears to have been in place since new, it has only just come to light.
Vauxhall Warranty Cover - Craggyislander
Can I suggest Vauxhall customer services at their HQ? Explain to them what's happened and also tell them you're unhappy with the dealer's initial response.

Their direct line number is 01582 427200.

I don't know if you have spoken to them already but if not it has to worth escalating it above the dealers head....
Vauxhall Warranty Cover - Dynamic Dave
IIRC, trim, fixtures and fixings are covered only for the 1st year. Been reading on another forum that some of the "chrome" trim on the Vectra (C) along the bottom window edges is fading, and Vauxhall are replacing it providing the owner reports it within the 1st year. Same applies to the nearside front fog light, which has a habit of misting up.

Also, the 3 year breakdown cover will only apply during year 2 and 3 if servicing has been done by Vauxhall.
Vauxhall Warranty Cover - Marc
One of my Vectra's foglights was misted up when I bought the car at about 6 month old. I pointed it out and it was clear on delivery. I don't know if they replaced it or just gave it a wipe. It does mist up occasionally but tends to clear itself. I personally don't use the foglights as I find them ineffective, even for lighting up unlit roads.

I'll keep an eye on the "chrome" window surrounds though even though the car is now over a year old. If it was real chrome it wouldn't fade!
My wife's Meriva (02 reg) has delveloped a water leak at
about 14 months old, resulting in a spare wheel well(!) full
of water and mouldy boot floor trim.

Most common place to check would be the rear light clusters. Remove, smear the rubber seal with bath sealant (silcone rubber) and refit.
Vauxhall Warranty Cover - ihpj
If water ingress is due to a faulty trim or part fixing then surely all the damage caused has to be retrospectively covered by the 'warranty' because if the part had not failed then the damage wouldn't have occured. Don't stand for it, inforce your rights and press home the point that it was through the failure of a part that lead to the resulting damage and it should, nay must, be put right.

Obviously this only holds water (forgive the pun!) if it is a fault of a faulty seal or light cluster as someone else has mentioned. How else could the water have gotten in there? The car is under three (3) years old - it is still under the FULL manufacturers warranty regardless. Don't get fobbed off man, stick your ground.
The car is under three (3) years old - it is still under the FULL manufacturers warranty regardless.

Clever wording on Vauxhall's part says the manufacturers warranty only applies for the 1st year.

* One year unlimited mileage manufacturer's warranty.
* Second and third year no-fee customer option warranty up to 60,000 miles from first registration.