Mercedes E200 K - alloyd
The performance/consumption figures advertised for this 1.8 Merc look too good to be true.I would appreciate any feedback on this car particularly on performance using automatic transmission.
Thanks
Mercedes E200 K - Kevin
It really depends on how you are going to use it. For tootling around town or cruising up and down motorways the performance is best described as 'adequate' (about the same as a Nissan Micra 1.4).

If I were in the market for a E-class it would be a diesel (head) or V8 petrol (heart).

Kevin...
Mercedes E200 K - Bill Payer
What Car had one on long term test until recently. If you can find a pile of back-issues then you'll be able to see the reports.
It struggled slightly up a mountain pass somewhere but otherwise the guy using it (their Editor?) was delighted with it.
I guess it's probably a car where you need to adopt a limousine style of driving - it's never going to go like a hot hatchback.
Mercedes E200 K - derek
ive got one an 02 e200k elegance

its more noisy than fast and evey now and then it feels really fast

mpg is poor anything from 15-30 mpg, i nipped to petrol station last night half a mile awaty and it was showing 9mpg,

it alters on a run though

had trouble with eng management light coming on and it feels a little slower,.. their ok mines done 100k now and its still feels nippy.
Mercedes E200 K - alloyd
Many thanks for the responses,the Nissan Micra comment hit the spot and I'm going for the E320cdi, the wife will have to hang on to her Panda for just a bit longer.