Audi A4 Avant CD Autochanger - Roly93
Can anyone tell me if/where the connector is to fit an external CD autochanger to my 04 Avant. Many people have told me that on the saloon it is under some trim in the nearside of the boot, is this the same in the Avant ?
Audi A4 Avant CD Autochanger - warrenbwalker
Should be as they use the same wiring loom.
Audi A4 Avant CD Autochanger - Stuartli
In my Bora, which is similar to an A4, the CD autochanger is housed in a panel on the lefthand side of the boot - you have to lift out a first aid kit to reach it. The trim can be removed and, in fact, has to be to change bulbs in the nearside rear lighting housing.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Thanks for the replies, but I'm still unsure, as far as I can see the scenario on the Avant is not neccesarily the same as the saloon. I've tried asking the dealer(s) who I either cant get hold of or say they will call me back but never do !!
Audi A4 Avant CD Autochanger - storme
why not just pull out the trim ,,in the boot find the cables then goto ebay and get your self an original fit cd changer for 1/2 the price?
I have already been looking to do this, however, at the moment, I can't see how to remove the trim in the boot. In the Avant it is not as easy as you would think.
Audi A4 Avant CD Autochanger - Stuartli
Might be that the approach is from the wrong end of the vehicle?

www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Bo...1

www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?f=86&h=0&t=9...4
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Thanks for this, I looked at the thread, and it wasn't quite the answer I'd expected but at least I know where I stand now.