Xantia : Interior courtesy lights - Chad R
I have a '96 Xantia 1.9 TD estate - base spec (and I mean base spec! )

The interior courtesy lights do not seem to have a "off" postion - all other cars that I have either owned or known have 3 settings;
1. On went doors are open / Off when doors are closed
2. Permanently On
3. Permanently Off

The xantia seems to lack this "permanently off" position. They have a two position switch which - switches them permanently on or on/off with the doors opening/closing.

Any ideas ?

Chad.R

PS. the courtesy lights are located either side above the front seatbelt fixings on the door pillar. There are also some reading lights located either side near the front "grap-handles" these are not operated by the opening/closing of the doors and have normal on/off switches.
Re: Xantia : Interior courtesy lights - David W
Chad,

They are, as you say, meant to be like this. On all the time or on/off with doors.

No off position. Wonder if it is tied in with the alarm or light dimming circuits?

David
Re: Xantia : Interior courtesy lights - Lee H
You can get around this by putting the switch in the centre of the two available positions.

It's not a true position, but seems to acheive what you're after.

Lee.

Doesn't seem to affect my keypad immobiliser or alarm (both Citroen factory fit)
Re: Xantia : Interior courtesy lights - andy bairsto
they are connected into the alarm system
So, if I do my 'off' trick, the lights don't come on, the voltage doesn't drop and the alarm won't detect an opened door?

:-(

I'll check it out later.

Lee.
Just tried it, the alarm still sounds with the lights off. May just be my version of the Xantia, it's the original without the non-return valve.

Lee.
Re: Xantia : Interior courtesy lights - Chad R
My Xantia doesn't have an alarm (neither standard nor otherwise).

I'll try the "middle" position as described above - though I'm sure my wife may have something to say about it !

Cheers,

Chad.R