volvo S80 position lights - Lightshade
I have an error message on my computer to check the position light. can anyone tell me where I can find the position light on the Volvo S80. I have looked and all the lights seem to be working.there are so many lights on this car I dont know whih ones are the position light and the manual does not list them.
Thanks ya'll
volvo S80 position lights - Ex-Moderator
Side lights.
volvo S80 position lights - Adam {P}
Try checking the contacts on these. There have been reports on the S80 of false alarms with this warning or simply the contacts on the lights needed cleaning.
--
Adam
volvo S80 position lights - Lightshade
do you mean the side lights which flash when u lock and unlock the car. Well those are working fine..so maybe it may be that something is wrong ith the contacts..so can i fix that myself or do i need to take my car in...coz i can't see how to remove them.If they have no effect on the engine i'm not paying nobody £50 to get them fixed. Ya'll need to tell me how to fix them..
Thanks
volvo S80 position lights - Altea Ego
yup he means the side lights or "parking lights" the ones you can leave on with the car parked.

you need to get behind these lights and remove the thing that holds the bulbs in. Its probably in your handbook. Or the Haynes manual. If you havent got a haynes manual get one.
volvo S80 position lights - Pugugly {P}
Have a look on e-bay, item 7954352940 perhaps ?
volvo S80 position lights - henry k
I would have guessed that position lights are just that.
Lights that are fitted at each corner, that do not flash but define the position of front and back corners. Orange at the front and red at the back as seen on most all cars built in the USA for their market.

volvo S80 position lights - Wales Forester
The S60 has position marking lights in the rear light clusters, they give off a red light to either side of the car. Maybe the S80 has a similar arrangement?

PP