vw golf gt tdi - tuft
i am looking at buying the above car but have one or two queries_
firstly - has anyone got any feedbacks ie what it is like to own
secondly - the car will be an import but is to full uk spec and unregisted how will this effect the resale price.

any information will be greatly appreciated
vw golf gt tdi - Colin M
I owned the previous model in 150bhp form. It was a stunning car with great performance and close to 50mpg. Your resale will be affected slightly by the fact it's an "import" but only for the first 2-3 years, after that it's value will move closer to the UK supplied cars. You need to check the warranty period, it's usually 2 years on "imports" and 3 years on UK supplied cars. Also check your supplier, I'm surprised there is much of an advantage importing with the Euro at 1.45. There are a couple of firms to be extremely wary of.

I use the inverted commas around the word "import" because, of course, all VW Golfs are imports (unless they're now building them in Swindon or Sunderland?)

vw golf gt tdi - Avant
I don't think Honda (Swindon) or Nissan (Washington, near Sunderland) would build you a Golf even if you bribed them to!

There is a point about this though - some Golfs are built in South Africa, and I dson't believe the quality is always as good as the ones built in the Fatherland. My last car was a TDI estate - German-built - which never missed a beat. It would be worth making sure yours gets a thorough PDI before you take delivery.

Mine was terrific to drive, with lots of low-down torque which is what you need in everyday driving, and it had a 6-speed gearbox which meant a very quiet and unstressed cruise on motorways. I would imagine all GT TDIs are the 2.0-litre version with a 6-speed box - worth checking that the specification really is full UK.
vw golf gt tdi - kenl
All mkV Golfs are built in Germany.

I have one, a 1.6FSI SE and it is an excellent car.

Check out www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=22 for more info.

The 2.0TDI seems to be the most popular model.

On the import make sure EVERYTHING is to UK spec. Unless you are making a BIG saving I would buy a UK car. Brokers like www.drivethedeal.co.uk offer UK cars at good prices so check them out too.

The great reviews of the GTI may have boosted the prices on all models in the range though.